-
Status
Not open for further replies.

PistolGrip

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have everything I need to finish my vinyl top project EXCEPT the little chrome pieces that go at the base of each A pillar to cover where the vinyl strip meets the color (in this case, yellow).
I can probably cobble up something, but if you have them (or what you used instead), please let me know. I'm attaching a picture of a close-up of my car to show the area and another picture of a similar (but much nicer) vinyl top '66 that has these pieces on it.
Thanks

Thingy.jpg

1966 Barracuda w vinyl top.jpg

I have no idea what I did with mine (nearly 40 years ago), but I don't throw that kind of stuff away. As I recall there was a single screw in them?

You're right! It's a single Phillips screw holding a slightly curved piece of 'chrome' looking metal at the base of the A-pillar. I'm a saver, too. They would be easy to misplace because they don't fit a 'category' very well & so small. The 'good' part about this is I don't really need them. I could make something....or just do without. I just thought I'd give this a shot. Here's an updated picture of my project. I put all of the vinyl top trim (except these pieces) on yesterday.

Vinyl top right A pillar.jpg

My old '66 was a vinyl top car, but I had the roof painted. I kept the over the roof trim, but did not put the A-pillar trim back on. Problem was that it was 1981 when I had the car painted. There are a couple of boxes that have stuff from way back then. I'll poke around.

Since I bought the car in pieces, I didn't know how the roof trim went on with all the different clips & screws.....I finally figured it out, but it was an adventure! I'll yours looked neat with it painted instead of the vinyl. I was thinking about doing that, too - then I decided, "What the hell? Let's go for it!"

Vinyl top top.jpg

I just hate vinyl tops that don't fold down behind the back seat...All three cars that we own have vinyl/cloth tops...

Here is what you need.....very hard to find...if you are lucky enough to find a 1965-66 Valiant with a vinyl roof they are also the same as the Barracuda. There is a left and right but they look identical so not sure why...I actually had 2 RH ones that came on one car. They are pot metal and have a locater peg on them as well as a single screw that holds them on.

1B990456-3C73-489B-81D3-091DAF881395.jpeg

CB076587-359A-4285-AE53-6BA8E14BF624.jpeg

0911CC4B-F1B0-4BCA-A4E3-BE5ACC585FDA.jpeg

B41C34E7-27DC-49E2-90C6-D827F6D58DB0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back