[WANTED] 1966 console clock

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
clocks of that era have a design flaw of sorts. In a daily driver or use, when you adjust the clock forward or back you also adjust it to run a little bit faster or a little bit slower. So you are in effect fine tuning the clock to keep correct time.
If you have a classic that is rarely driven and you disconnect the battery regularly (so the clock doesn't drain the battery), every time you power it up you'll need to reset the clock. What to do? Try to remember adjust it forward this time and backward next time?
There are shops that rebuild them with quartz movement/regulation but it aint cheap.

I have one of those in storage if you don't go with the other one. I'd have to dig it out and check condition. Probably going to have some pitting in the chrome. Shipping to Oregon wouldn't be a big deal, but, Australia might cost a bit. Do the Charger clocks use that electroluminescent lighting or just regular 12V bulbs? I know the dash and shifter panel lighting on '66-7 Chargers use that high voltage system, but, I don't remember on the clock.

The Charger clocks used EL lighting. I "fixed" it with separate lights in my son's Dart, but I wish I hadn't as later I picked up a couple of EL power supplies...

I used to have several of those transformers, but, I don't think I have any now. It was interesting testing those things. I got zapped a couple of times! :realcrazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back