1966 cuda 273 mounts

-

dragdak

Reaction score
I bought a 1966 barracuda that the former owner was relacing the engine with a 318. It has the 273 motor mounts bolted to the 318 but no matter how I rotate the rubber mounts the motor leans to one side or the other instead of level. Any pics on the correct way they should mount?

I think he may have the 1967 mounts installed instead of the 65-66 rubber mounts.

Need pictures, the driver side motor mount bracket should look straight down from the motor where the passenger side motor mount bracket should look out at angle. These are aftermarket, but are similar to what you need.

Attachments

• Lee 7.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 721
  • Lee 8.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 641
The passenger side engine mounting tabs are 2 in front one in back. The 273 is 1 in front and 2 in back.

I ended up modifying that mounting bracket on mine. I cut a piece of a truck mounting bracket and welded it to the 273 mounting bracket so that I could put a 318 in for a short time.

As for the correct mounts. What are the dimensions of the mount that is in there? Length/Width/Height ?

first pic is what i have. second what i need.

Attachments

• !CC6ZZ6wCGk~$(KGrHqF,!gsE0vv1DUM+BNMz2M0cc!~~_35.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 545
  • dbff_12.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 568
I recently got the rubber mounts for th early A at an AutoZone. they ordered them and had them the next day.

I got a set of early A mounts from Napa recently for 15 bucks a piece but had to order for a Valiant as the ones ordered for a Barracuda were the 67 up mounts.

Probably made in China but for that price you could afford to change them every year.... and you probably will......

Mancini lists a blowout proof "Magmount" in their flyer that says it fits 63-66 A body V8's in the description. The title states for 67-up V8's, but I've never asked them to clarify. For $55 I'm not going to hold my breath. The schumaker polyloc makes you buy a whole kit for almost $300. Ouch

Sorry about that, I misunderstood your post. I was thinking that you thought maybe you had the wrong motor mount brackets.

I used a set of motor mounts from a truck, but the passenger side needed a 5/8" spacer , and the driver needed only a 1/8 " . turned out great . Solid mounts and the holes lined up from the k frame to the motor mount . If you want I"ll post pic's .

I used a set of motor mounts from a truck, but the passenger side needed a 5/8" spacer , and the driver needed only a 1/8 " . turned out great . Solid mounts and the holes lined up from the k frame to the motor mount . If you want I"ll post pic's .

Sure why not post pictures for options for some.

I have heard that works, pics would be great for reference.

These are slant six mounts. They are smaller and definitely won't fit. A 318 engine will bolt in perfectly with the original 65-66 mounts. I say this because I directly bolted in a 318 out of a 1967 Fury III using the mounts from my 1965 Barracuda w/ 273... no modifications needed.

-
Back