1966 Cuda window alignment problems

-

MySons66Cuda

Reaction score
I recently bought a 66 Cuda so my son and I can restore it. A couple of problems...both windows (driver and passenger) do not go into the roof rail molding. I bought the soft seals and still nothing, looks like the gap is too small for the window to go in, any help?

Not sure I understand the issue but the windows don't really roll up into a channel in the rubber or the door wouldn't open without rolling down the window.

Thanks, let me see if I can explain. The roof rail molding has "three parts" the part that runs along the roof, the channel where the window fits in, and the little "flap" that goes over the window to prevent rain from coming in? I hope this helps me, lol
Don't know how to post a pic here?

Here is a picture of the rear quarter window area. The window should roll up approximately a 1/4" above that lower rubber seal and rest against it. I'm pretty sure that is the seal I don't think the window actually sinks up into the rubber seal, it may just butt up against that second or top part of the rubber seal.

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 153
Thank You Zhandfull, I will try to send a pic to show what is going on....All I see is URL to upload?

Just a tip on uploading pics.
Click on "Add Reply" at bottom of post
You'll see the options for text
Under that "post icons"
Under that "Additional Options"
In that section you'll see "Attach Files"
Click on "Upload Photos"
When you do a window opens (and i think this is where you have gotten to previously).
In that window click on "Choose file"
This will open another window usually linked to your "Pictures" folder on your computer, so that you can navigate to the pic.

Does that help?

Gary

This is my problem, are the windows suppose to go into the rail?

Attachments

• WindowsJoing.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 120
No they do not go up to the rail you are showing in your pic but it looks like your spacing between quarter window and front window is tight. This could be causing the front windows to not sit properly. I fiddled with the window adjustments forever and still have a little alignment issues.

Looks like it's right to me, maybe just a little adjustment needed to line them up. Hard to tell for sure in the picture as far as adjustment goes.

-
Back