1966 Dart 273, power steering conversion

-

edwardo

Reaction score
I am changing my 1966 Dart 273 from a manual steering to a power steering. I have the steering gear and the pump. My question is do I have to do anything to the steering column ????

Yes, replace it with the shorter column from a power steering car. Shouldn't be too difficult to trade, most people are switching power to manual.

More road feel. Older Mopar Power steering is too over powered for many drivers.
This is what I mean by getting help and advice from those with the experience with the older cars. The oldest mopar car I've ever had was a 1970 dart swinger it had ps. My 1967 dodge d100 had manual steering and it was a handful.

This is what I mean by getting help and advice from those with the experience with the older cars. The oldest mopar car I've ever had was a 1970 dart swinger it had ps. My 1967 dodge d100 had manual steering and it was a handful.
I have manual in my 66 and power in my 70 Swinger. The older I get the more I enjoy the power. You can put a restriction in the line to reduce the assist for more road feel.

I have manual in my 66 and power in my 70 Swinger. The older I get the more I enjoy the power. You can put a restriction in the line to reduce the assist for more road feel.
That's good information. With my bad back my riding mower and my atv both have power steering.

-
Back