1966 dart 29.5x10.5x15 slicks

-
I had 29.5x9x15 under a 64 barracuda, I put offset rear hangers, mini tubed right to the rail,
It had ladder bars with axle sliders. also had to lengthen the outer fender opening. I had a bit of room left but with my wheel offset I couldn't go wider. Not sure if I could have got a 10.5 or not.

For that width, you will need to at least mini tub and move springs into frame rails or go to something like ladder bars or 4 link with coil overs. For that height, you will need to move the rear axle rearward or trim the quarter panels.

Backspacing for wheels will be dependent on what width rear axle you plan to run. The below link will give you the procedure for determining what backspacing you need.

How To Measure For Proper Wheel Sizes

Last edited:
295x 9.5 is really puhing it in a 14 " the body line on the quarter really fools you unless you lift the car with air shocks or $ and fab 9.5 width is about all you get the room for get without moving springs or a mini tubb as stated . 400 HP isstill very quick and fun with the right tranny gears with a set of micky"s to grab the road , any more you almost have to ruin the car and start cutting and fabricating . I can still beat newer super bee"s with the 425 hp ratings but I wont waist a gr8 old 65 barracuda to a chop , then I would start completely over there too kewl and rare for that . find 1 frame rotted and thn build a drag car don't ruin an original earley A Barracuda , don't hold your breath before you see another 1 , you will die first they are getting that rare and wanted , even though you just cant go buy a set of good headers fo them , I still wont cut my car up or pay 2 gs for headers to be made , nothing but headaches come from it . SAVE THE EARLY A BARRACUDA:S The pride will come with the thubms up and people honking more than a superbird . They are that kewl too bad the idnt make them a full A body wide No 1 could touch them

For that width, you will need to at least mini tub and move springs into frame rails or go to something like ladder bars or 4 link with coil overs. For that height, you will need to move the rear axle rearward or trim the quarter panels.

Backspacing for wheels will be dependent on what width rear axle you plan to run. The below link will give you the procedure for determining what backspacing you need.

How To Measure For Proper Wheel Sizes
I forgot to mention, if you choose to move the rear axle rearward, you might have to go to a fuel cell for clearance due to interference between the stock fuel tank and the rear axle housing. Especially if you choose to run a Dana with some of the aftermarket rear covers.

Last edited:
-
Back