1966 dart commando 4 speed id

-
quick question would a 65 dart if it came with a commando engine have a 32 as well under the AB on the vin tag
An 8 3/4 would be a good sign though. Take a look at the fender tag. It should have a 32 under the AB if it's an original 4bbl car. A 3 under the C would be correct for a 4 speed. Being a Dart, it would be a Charger 273 car. A front sway bar would be an option. It should also have an Inland shifter if it's original.

My 65 commando 4 speed Barracuda is 7 1/4 and 9 inch power brakes including build sheet.
My 67 Hemi Charger is supposed to have a 3/8 inch main fuel line, but it's only 5/16. Car's been in the family since 1970.

They have what they're supposed to have most of the time, but sometimes . . . .

I'm pretty sure all V8 Barracudas in 65 were supposed to have 10 inch drums standard, but I can see an early one slipping by with 9's.

A build sheet or a fender tag (with a matching sequence number on the radiator support) is the only way to verify if it came from the factory with a four barrel engine.
It’s cool but I don’t think anyone really care’s except a few of us.

A build sheet or a fender tag (with a matching sequence number on the radiator support) is the only way to verify if it came from the factory with a four barrel engine.
It’s cool but I don’t think anyone really care’s except a few of us.
Or the next buyer. :thumbsup:

-
Back