1966 dart linkage for four barrel

-

scottsman

Reaction score
I will be pulling my 225 and installing a 318 with a rebuilt 904. my problem is , well I have many but the first one is a am putting the 318 in the 1966 dart gt with a 1406 edelbrock four barrel. and I need linkage or what to do.

I also have a to measure the drive shaft. don't have my 8.25 posi done yet so might go with 7.25 for moving around .

new kframe with all new parts ready 10 inch brakes done. shocks and springs done.

need help will happen in two weeks ....eeech.

Scottsman - the oem 4 bbl linkage parts are made from unobtainium. Having said that I did locate the correct parts to do my car, but it was a long time coming before I found them, after 5 + years of periodically searching -

I would use the later model 4 bbl linkage and kickdown assembly from a 340 set up. The throttle brackets are being repopped. I would check with folks like A&A transmission or mancini racing. They should be able to point you in the right direction. By the way, the linkage from the upper bellcrank (including the bell crank) down to the trans is the same as any 318 2 bbl. What you will need is the repop throttle bracket and the rod going from the carb to the bell crank, and the rest of the stuff from a 2 bbl 318. I am not sure what model edelbrock carb this - as to whether it is set up for mopar linkage or not. Edelbrock sells an adapter for their carbs used on mopar apps if you need it. You will also need - for lack of a better term - a kickdown/throttle stud that attaches to the carb. Look at any carbureted later model mopar - they will have one.

You wont have to shorten the driveshaft until you install the 8.25 axle.

You might think again about putting disc brakes on the front, your call.

Good luck with it.

Scottsman - the oem 4 bbl linkage parts are made from unobtainium. Having said that I did locate the correct parts to do my car, but it was a long time coming before I found them, after 5 + years of periodically searching -

I would use the later model 4 bbl linkage and kickdown assembly from a 340 set up. The throttle brackets are being repopped. I would check with folks like A&A transmission or mancini racing. They should be able to point you in the right direction. By the way, the linkage from the upper bellcrank (including the bell crank) down to the trans is the same as any 318 2 bbl. What you will need is the repop throttle bracket and the rod going from the carb to the bell crank, and the rest of the stuff from a 2 bbl 318. I am not sure what model edelbrock carb this - as to whether it is set up for mopar linkage or not. Edelbrock sells an adapter for their carbs used on mopar apps if you need it. You will also need - for lack of a better term - a kickdown/throttle stud that attaches to the carb. Look at any carbureted later model mopar - they will have one.

You wont have to shorten the driveshaft until you install the 8.25 axle.

You might think again about putting disc brakes on the front, your call.

Good luck with it.

Thanks for your help. I have located some parts , rod, cable bracket, Just have to see . dont know how it all fits. the existing turns right to left and the cable bracket that will mount on engine will pull front to back if you know what i mean

-
Back