1966 Dodge Dart GT 273 Alternator

-

Roger C. Gaul

Reaction score
What is the correct date for the Alternator for this car. The car was built in the 6th Month
and year 1966. I want it to be 100 percent original. Any and all ideas please.

If your car was assembled in June 1966 you can have an alternator with date code from January to May 1966.

Yours would be the "round-back" style, with only one field spade terminal (other field terminal is grounded). No idea on getting the correct date code, or even where you read it.

take a pic of the date code on yours and I will check my collection, just bought 7 65-66's and I dont use any /6 parts so if shipping from Sweden is a deal killer I am in Oregon. They are not worth more than $25 bucks to me....

take a pic of the date code on yours and I will check my collection, just bought 7 65-66's and I dont use any /6 parts so if shipping from Sweden is a deal killer I am in Oregon. They are not worth more than $25 bucks to me....
I don't have one...I need one date marked 1-66 through 5-66..

Not to sound ignorant but where is the date stamp located? I dont spend a lot of time looking at 50 year old alternators although I apparently now have a dozen of them....I prefer the 130 Amp computer controlled ones that come on the magnum engines.

I don't have one...I need one date marked 1-66 through 5-66..
Not to sound ignorant but where is the date stamp located? I dont spend a lot of time looking at 50 year old alternators although I apparently now have a dozen of them....I prefer the 130 Amp computer controlled ones that come on the magnum engines.
It on the only flat part of altenator about in the middle.. If you can't find it I will have the body shop send you a picture on one tomorrow.
Thanks,
Roger

It on the only flat part of altenator about in the middle.. If you can't find it I will have the body shop send you a picture on one tomorrow.
Thanks,
Roger
Here is a picture of a date coded mopar alternator !

Aug dart sable etc 036.JPG

-
Back