1966 Sons Cuda Restoration

-

MySons66Cuda

Reaction score
Recently I bought a 1966 cuda for me and my son to restore. It came with a fresh paint job, runs and drives great, I am thinking it is about 75% done? I posted a question about my windows not lining up and going into the roof rail seals even after I bought the soft seals. I was told that they do not actually go into the seal but rest on the outside? Anyone with any other comments and or ideas would be nice.

I have already bought new seals, rubber bumper parts for doors, trunk, hood, etc and now working on re-chroming bumpers, door handles, taillight housing, etc. Who has the best site for parts for a 1966 and a chrome plating company. There is a trim on my rear fenders going toward my taillights that look to be polished aluminum? Where do I find them, should I chrome them, or what should do to make them nice? I will post pics soon!!

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9097.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_9098.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 338
Laysons has the most items for early Barracudas, and I would suggest contacting member "Rick@Laysons" through the site here for the best service!

The aluminum trim spears are anodized for a polish on them, but you can either spray them with a little Easy Off oven cleaner and remove the anodization, then polish and clear coat them to retain the shine! Some guys are using the 64-64 Cuda trim there as those are stainless steel, but the have a slightly different profile where they meet the taillight tang as the 64-5 taillight has a different tang than the 66! They'll work, but need to be opened up to go over the tang on the 66 TL!!

Nice car by the way, the lad should be rightly proud of it!! Welcome to FABO, and tell your son to get ready for a lifetime of Mopar memories!! Geof

Thanks, my daughter now says its her car.....lol
I did look at the site but no taillights yet. Ill look into the info, chrome would be outrageous

Thanks, just trying to get all the little problems I see repaired. Any great sites where to find parts would love it!!

Does the 1966 cuda have a trunk "bar" or anything that holds the trunk up?

Welcome aboard and wow!! What a great looking Barracuda :supz:

He sold the item already, always a bridesmaid....lol

Thanks for all the comments on the Cuda

That ad was over a year old bro, sorry!! Im going to send some pics of my drip rail moulding to your email! Look for them there! Geof

Thanks, just trying to get all the little problems I see repaired. Any great sites where to find parts would love it!!

Does the 1966 cuda have a trunk "bar" or anything that holds the trunk up?

Laysons has a gas-charged one like used on modern cars, MUCH better than the original. I've got one on my 66 cuda.

I have looked at sites and cannot find this weather strip? Any Help

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 249
Quarter window weatherstrip, part# GZ-92VS7E, $46.00/pair

Everyone says you the man....I did not get a chance to contact you yet bu I see why they say that. I'll order today.

I am looking at some "spear" trim from my tail light to my rear window and was told that the 64 will work.

Also the rear tail lights not offered by Laysons yet and maybe a clean rear trunk trim.

Lets try this here! Drip rail pics!...aftermarket, notice the "lip" that covers the window when closed!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 182
Original....no lip!! Kind of a roll under that the window rests up against and slightly under!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 185
Thanks for the drip rail info. The gaskets for the taillights I have. It is the gaskets that fit in the bezel and goes between the housing and the body of the car. Had to remove them for re-chroming.

cut them out of closed cell foam. I have seen them sold but ~$50 a set is outrageous for a die cut gasket.

-
Back