[WANTED] 1966 Valiant/Barracuda Front Left Fender

-

IdahoCarson

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need a good fender for my Valiant. Gold would be awesome as I would like to keep the patina for the time being. I will take any decent one though.
image.jpg

[FOR SALE] - 1966 Barracuda Parts Car...Whole @Dutchrebuild might part this car out in November if you are not in a hurry. The one year 66 can be tough to get certain parts for. I bought parts from him and everything went great. That dent in yours would be an easy fix though. Much easier than changing a fender.

Last edited:
[FOR SALE] - 1966 Barracuda Parts Car...Whole @Dutchrebuild might part this car out in November if you are not in a hurry. The one year 66 can be tough to get certain parts for. I bought parts from him and everything went great. That dent in yours would be an easy fix though. Much easier than changing a fender.
Thank you, I saw that one. If it wasn’t 33 hours each way I’d pick it up whole.

I figured it wasn’t repairable due to the way it creased. I also know f- all about body work. I’ll post up a better picture in the light today.

Thank you, I saw that one. If it wasn’t 33 hours each way I’d pick it up whole.

I figured it wasn’t repairable due to the way it creased. I also know f- all about body work. I’ll post up a better picture in the light today.
there is one on ebay for 150 but it is rough. That dent IS in a tough spot as it is where the fender is strong due to the stamping. It could be pulled though and repaired with a minimum amount of filler. I bet you could do it at home after a couple of youtube videos. Dutchrebuild did ship me a whole 66 Barracuda formula s Barracuda dash completely loaded with all the pieces through pirate shipping. Please post the additional pictures we could probably walk you through the fix if you would like. Best Regards, Jeff

Here is some better pictures of the crease.

I do have a NOS grill half that is still in the box. I probably won’t use it as I have bought a used grill from another member.
IMG_0476.jpeg
IMG_0477.jpeg

A good body metal guy could fix that. It's just a matter of cost. Keep in mind that finding a replacement fender that doesn't need any work at all is virtually impossible these days, so, even a replacement will need some time on it to restore. IMO, If yours is otherwise solid, I'd fix it.

A good body metal guy could fix that. It's just a matter of cost. Keep in mind that finding a replacement fender that doesn't need any work at all is virtually impossible these days, so, even a replacement will need some time on it to restore. IMO, If yours is otherwise solid, I'd fix it.
Jeff sent me some videos to watch and gave me some pointers. My wife has done some bodywork, I can probably talk her into helping me.

This is her summer project 1984 BJ60 Diesel Land Cruiser.

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0748.jpeg

-
Back