1966 Valiant Heater Control Cable Routing???

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Well I decided to try and fix a prob that the p/o started in the Valiant.

I need to place the heater control cables in their right positions on the heater box. This is a non a/c car so it's just the heat/vent cables. There are 3 cables total. One that comes from the warm/cool part of the control and 2 that come from the defrost/vent/floor side of the control.

Anyone have a diagram or something that shows me how to route these??

Any help is appreciated!!

Well I decided to try and fix a prob that the p/o started in the Valiant.

I need to place the heater control cables in their right positions on the heater box. This is a non a/c car so it's just the heat/vent cables. There are 3 cables total. One that comes from the warm/cool part of the control and 2 that come from the defrost/vent/floor side of the control.

Anyone have a diagram or something that shows me how to route these??

Any help is appreciated!!

Give me a few moments and let me find the page with pictures .

Sweeeet! Thanks Mike!

You are very welcome, Glad I could help :D

The top controller goes to your defrost door on passenger side next to the fresh air door, and the lower one goes to your heat/water
No good pictures NONE!! in my book of the cables hooked up so I went out and felt with may hands how mine works :happy1: I hope this was enough info to get it dun.

Attachments

• Going back to drawing Health 7 010.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 309
Keep me posted, if I have to I can take my glove box liner out and get a picture, it 104 degree's out side now.

lol, no need to go out in that heat!

Pretty sure I got it. The lower cable switch (Cool/Warm) I routed to the door that's directly next to the fresh air box.

The upper cables(Heat/Defrost), they are like a push/pull combo, I routed the one coming from the passenger side of the switch to the flapper/door that's right next to the heater core inlet/outlet.
The cable coming from the driver side I routed to the flapper/door that's inside the foot vent.

Now that I think about it, I wonder what the flapper/door next to the core inlet/outlet does?

I just got back from testing it (driving and letting the car get hot) and played with the switches. Heat works excellent and flows all the way under the seat to the back!!
When I move the cool/warm switch over to the cool, the heat seems to be a lot less hot and more cool.
But now I'm wondering if I should switch the passenger side top(the one next to the core inlet/outlet) and the lower cable next to the fresh air box.
lol

-
Back