1967-69 Dart swinger drivers door

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very nice clean straight door from a 70 Swinger PM sent

67 - 69 doors are different than 70-76 to the best of my knowledge although perhaps the inner shell interchanges. I have two passengers, one post, and one hardtop if you decide you also need the passenger side
too. clean southwest metal, no bottom seam swelling / rot.

door shell, 69 Dart hardtop - still available, needs slight skin work, NO lower seam rot.

Attachments

• dart4.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 212
  • dart8.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 224
67 - 69 doors are different than 70-76 to the best of my knowledge although perhaps the inner shell interchanges. I have two passengers, one post, and one hardtop if you decide you also need the passenger side
too. clean southwest metal, no bottom seam swelling / rot.

To the best of my knowledge the Dart door is the same from 67 until the year they did away with the wing window... the only real differance is the placement of the door lock button...

There are other, more subtle, differences between 67, 68, and 69, BUT in my opinion putting a door on with the lock button in a different place just doesn't look right.

I also have the passengers side door in excellent condition and believe me it don't need any 'slight' skin work LOL

All things being relative, I guess a door with the lock button in the wrong place would look better than a door with a giant DENT in the side, but it's always nice to get the exact correct part and not have to mess with it if you can. Exactly what year IS the car you're working on?

There are other, more subtle, differences between 67, 68, and 69, BUT in my opinion putting a door on with the lock button in a different place just doesn't look right.

what are those more subtle differances?.. (seriously Im curious, not being a smart ***) I have a 68 and a 69 passenger side doors sitting in my garage side by side.. the only differance I see is that lock button

mirror placement & the glass stops for 69 are different than the 67-68-- besides the door lock knob. Lawrence

There are more differences between 67 and 68 than between 68 and 69. The visible differences (67-68) are the location of the mirror and a long screw through the upper metal part to a clip on the vent window frame. Although the vent windows are interchangeable, the latch handle is different, too (as I recall - it's been a long time since I've looked closely at my 68).

You guys are making me tear up as I put the wrong button door on my car, I drilled the correct spot but the dufus body guy forgot to fill the unused hole:angryfir::angryfir::angryfir:You cant see it from my avatar pic but that was by design so you guys wouldnt pound on me:D

I'm working on a 69, I originally bought a door off of ebay adver. as a 68 in great shape(should have asked for more pics-my fault). On arrival door was 70-72, but I dont think it would survive chem. dip, and it must have been dropped during shipping, because it had a large crease along top causing the panel to pop and bulge. 70-72 will work, but need some tweeking to be made "right" which I will do, a 68-69 door would be great, but are harder to find, cost more. And my car is far from factory original (sorry purists).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back