1967 Barracuda center console wiring

-

TheContractorDude

Reaction score
Hi
Trying to locate where the center console wire connects to the main harness. I thought is was behind the drivers side kick panel, nope.
Thanks

image.jpg

Hmm this is odd because my car came with the center console and the wiring was there at one point. However there was a time that I removed the center console and the wiring harness for an aftermarket shifter.

image.jpg

'67 has a console lamp connection is by the ash tray.
Pigtail with connector for the back up lamps will be near the steering column
The connector with blue and white wires
1726008467997.png

This stuff is shown on the assembly drawings (sold by Faxon) but I don't hav e time to dig right now.

Last edited:
I happened to have the Faxon assembly manual on my bench. I hope this is helpful.
IMG_3223.jpeg
IMG_3222.jpeg

The console harness in 67 was actually two harnesses.
The dash harness was piggybacked to the main harness and the console harness plugs into it.

Sorry of the quality the picture is from 2006, harness is a 67 factory console car.
On end of the dash harness plugs into the main harness at the base of the column where normally the column shift revers switch would plug in.
P1010036.jpg

Alan

The console harness in 67 was actually two harnesses.
The dash harness was piggybacked to the main harness and the console harness plugs into it.

Sorry of the quality the picture is from 2006, harness is a 67 factory console car.
On end of the dash harness plugs into the main harness at the base of the column where normally the column shift revers switch would plug in.
View attachment 1716301709

Alan
Thank you I guess I need to find the sub harness or where that connection is a work backwards. I have the console harness.

'67 has a console lamp connection is by the ash tray.
Pigtail with connector for the back up lamps will be near the steering column
The connector with blue and white wires
.View attachment 1716301691
[/URL]

This stuff is shown on the assembly drawings (sold by Faxon) but I don't hav e time to dig right now.
I don’t seem to have that configuration seen in your photo. I took some pictures.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If I'm understanding you correctly, the plug in for reverse lights is at the shifter itself. 2 wires, white and violet.

If I'm understanding you correctly, the plug in for reverse lights is at the shifter itself. 2 wires, white and violet.
So for the abodies with automatic center consoles there are two wire harnesses. One intermediate harness that plugs into the reverse light circuit and the headlight circuit. This runs from the steering column area over to the passenger side kick panel where it then connects to the harness that runs under the carpet to the center console and connects to the reverse light switch and the gear shift select light. I have that console harness but am lacking the intermediate harness AND I can’t find the factory pig tail connection for the reverse light power near the bulk head.

Got my curiosity up and I dug out our orig 67 harness. I haven't traced anything, but I can take to work and trace them back if it helps? Also, do you have the FACTORY wiring schematics? They are in a supplement, not included in the FSM.
Fyi I could probably make you up the harness you need once we figure it out?

20240911_183357.jpg

20240911_183115.jpg

Last edited:
I have a manual somewhere got to find it

Got my curiosity up and I dug out our orig 67 harness. I haven't traced anything, but I can take to work and trace them back if it helps? Also, do you have the FACTORY wiring schematics? They are in a supplement, not included in the FSM.
Fyi I could probably make you up the harness you need once we figure it out?

View attachment 1716302071

View attachment 1716302072
Yes I will need the sub harness, but right now I am just trying to find where the reverse light power plug is in my existing main harness.

Nit sure if this helps, but here pics from factory schematic. Unfortunately the console wiring is somewhat vague. Chk for white wire coming off wiper switch.
PS I'm electrically challenged lol.
Yes I will need the sub harness, but right now I am just trying to find where the reverse light power plug is in my existing main harness.

20240911_203313.jpg

20240911_203253.jpg

20240911_203247.jpg

20240911_203213.jpg

20240911_203207.jpg

I don’t seem to have that configuration seen in your photo. I took some pictures.
My car is a hard top (coupe) and started life as a column shift automatic.
What configuration was car to begin with?
it looks like there are three options with center console, with tach, without tach automatic, and not sure about the 4 speed possibilities.

edit
interesting.
the assy drwgs show only one inst panel harness for 67 B LHD
and just one console wiring assy for 67 B, p/n 2857267
although the Dart had both a with and without tach version.

Last edited:
The white and blue wires on the harness were probably configured during assembly for adaption to the location of the reverse light switch.
I'm guessing if the switch was on the column, they got the plastic connector circled here.
1726143838757.png

With a manual transmission mounted switch, they were plugged into the firewall multi-connector.
1726144209566.png

As pointed out, the white wire is power feed. It's hot whenever the key is in run or accessory. Blue or violet goes from the switch to the lamps.

So for an automatic, the white wire from the wiper switch goes to the connector.
The connector goes to the switch harness.
The violet (wich is more blue on my car) goes to the body harness connector behind the left kick panel.
1726145725486.png

Last edited:
-
Back