1967 barracuda f/s proper trailer/tow hitch

-

realDL1965

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the original tow bar options looked like on the a-body plymouths in 67 ? I know, probably a dealer install ?! Ok, does anybody have any pics of them ? If you look at my pic gallery, you'll see that mine has a kind of unusual looking one. If I don't have pics here, there on a car of the month associated with this site.

Thanks guys, and gals.

Just in case you don't see pics, it isn't the standard square tube, insert adapter. It is a square, angle iron extension, extending then a hole through the center . Almost looks homemade, but if it is, the welds are done very well, and ball hole is a clean cut hole, like a manufacturers production.

Does anyone know what the original tow bar options looked like on the a-body plymouths in 67 ? I know, probably a dealer install ?! Ok, does anybody have any pics of them ? If you look at my pic gallery, you'll see that mine has a kind of unusual looking one. If I don't have pics here, there on a car of the month associated with this site.

Thanks guys, and gals.

That looks like a custom made one.

I have one made by draw-tite. Two bolts you have to drill into the rear bumper. Then two others bolt under the spare tire well.

This picture show the two cross brackets that bolt to the bumper. The tungue extends past the cross brackets a foot or so the a thinner square piece of flat stock is welded across the tunque bar where two bolts secure it to the bottle of the spare tire well (drill two holes).

IMG_7394.JPG

IMG_7395.JPG

[QUOTprobably for 16', and under boat, or a small camper ? I found canceled checks from a doctor in the car, and paperwork/booklets for railroad employee. . zykuda, post: 1971774448, member: 5141"]Are you talking a trailer hitch???[/QUOTE]
Yep, probab

I mean, I know trailer hitches. I was a coast to coast truck driver, and my dad was one for 50 years, not to mention, I was in excavation, heavy equipt operator, logging, buying, selling, hauling classic cars for years. Too bad they weren't the really nice ones, lol ?!!! So I originally thought it was homemade, but has real good welds, and no signs of grinding, or any flaws in construction. You usually do ? But then again, I don't remember one made from angle iron. Usually square tubing, and heavy gauge flat iron, so, your probably right. Just thought someone here might know something I didn't.

-
Back