1967 Barracuda fuel lines

-

Confusedcuda

Reaction score
Hello, I was pulling out my old gas tank today and I noticed, that I have a 3/8'' fuel sending unit, a 3/8'' rubber fuel line that goes from the sending unit to a 5/16'' steel line that goes to a 3/8'' rubber fuel line at the firewall. Then the 3/8'' rubber line goes to my mech. fuel pump. From the fuel pump to the front of the carb, is a 5/16'' steel fuel line that goes to a 3/8'' rubber line that goes to the carb. My question is it okay to make these drop downs in size from the fuel sending unit to the carb. The one that I really wonder about is the steel line from the back of car to the font. It is all now pushing a 340 instead of 273? Thanks!

I have the same setup in my 67 and it seems to be keeping up fine so far. have only had the car since October and only got about a month of any driving in before the snow came.

Cool, anybody else? Mine has ran fine foe a couple of years, but I was just wondering if I was starving it.

depending on rear axle ratio, 3.91 or more, you will have fuel delivery problems with high rpm shifts. general cruzing..probably not.

my 383 "S" Barracuda, 4.10, did not like the 5/16 fuel line! 3/8, worked well, now 1/2 aluminum line and -8 works real well!

Attachments

• Dart and Cuda pix summer 20`` 016.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Dart and Cuda pix summer 20`` 012.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 148
-
Back