1967 Barracuda Rear Wheels

-

gljplc

Reaction score
I am looking at some American Racing Equipment billet style rims for my '67 Barracuda convertible and billet style tires.
Question - what is the largest tire (height and width) that will fit inside my rear wheel wheel?
I'm looking at some 16 X 7 billet wheels? What is the largest tire on these rims that would fit inside the rear wheel well??

I would appreciate some input here.

Thanks.
GLJPLC

If your leaving the springs in the stock location a 28X9 is about as big as will fit in back. If you move the springs you can get 13" of section width back there.

AdamR said:
If your leaving the springs in the stock location a 28X9 is about as big as will fit in back. If you move the springs you can get 13" of section width back there.

Adam,
Thanks for the reply. If I read your reply correctly, I can get
9 inches cross section width inside the wheelwell without scaping the outer fender well.
Question - about how many inches of tread width would that be??

I am looking at the following tires:
(a) 205/55R16 tires - height: 24.9; Tread width: 6.7; Cross Section: 8.4
(b) 215/60R15 tires - height: 25.2; tread width: 7.3; Cross Section: 8.7
Would either of these or both of these tires work?

I really appreciate your input.

Thanks again,
GLJPLC

I mean 9" of tread width wich is around 11" of section width. Remember section width changes with rim width but tread width doesnt.

Either of those tires should fit no problem. How tall are they ? Id find something around 26" tall if your going to lower it. If your not lowering it 27 to 28 will fill the wheel well up.

I run a 325-50-15 on mine with the springs moved in.

-
Back