1967 Barracuda upper and lower trunk trim help.

-

Bamalam

Reaction score
I need the upper and lower trunk trim. Mine are rough. Are the after market ones actually worth buying? They all say that the bottom one does not line up correctly. How bad are they? Those things are really pricey and if they don't fit well I'm not sure if I should spend the money. Does anyone have experience or pics of them? I would prefer originals but finding them is not easy. Does anyone have a set they would sell me? I would appreciate it.
Thanks Jack.

I have pics somewhere, in my opinion they aren't that bad. Send me a reminder if I don't post pics in a day or 2.

Unless things have changed, the only piece available in the aftermarket is the lower piece, which happened by accident. It was Joel from Metro Parts that decided to repop this piece, although he thought that both the upper and lower were the same. Luckily, he had a nice lower to use as a pattern, which is the harder to find piece due to its location on the trunk lid. Problem is that if you buy a new repop, it makes the upper look like crap, unless you buy 2 and use a lower on the upper. The profile of the piece is different to meet the taillight profile, and using an upper on the lower or vise versa makes sort of a mismatch. Not a big noticeable difference, but a difference just the same. I have 2 uppers on Nellas car, because no repop was available back then, and the good used lowers were in the $400 range. I really don’t care, and neither does Nella, and I think I bought the 2nd upper I have on the bottom for like $5!

That's an interesting back ground story. Would sure like to see a pic or 2 of the offset. I don't think restoring mine is an option. If anyone has a decent set they would part with that would be great. They don't have to be showroom just decent daily driver. If anyone has a lead on the location of a set that would be kool as well. Thanks for the replies.

-
Back