1967 Cuda FB project

-
I'm still anxious to see if you'll be able to pull off those molded in bumper ideas.

Well, the only thing I was able to accomplish today was this piece of the trunk floor.
View attachment WP_20141207_001.jpg
Still have to bend the end on top the rail by the wheel house. I am not going to put any bead rolls in it as it'll have two large bends in it starting at the wheel house and gradually transitioning to flat by the time it gets to the rear.

It was going so smoothly and then,,,,,,,,,,, the wife made me go pick up carpet and put it in the bedroom...:protest:

She keeps getting in the way of my fun.:banghead:

It was going so smoothly and then,,,,,,,,,,, the wife made me go pick up carpet and put it in the bedroom...:protest:

She keeps getting in the way of my fun.:banghead:

Too bad she's not like Teresa. Teresa says she likes it when I leave her alone and head to the garage.

Attachments

• IMAG0017.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 475
Managed to get the left rear floor piece fitting rather well and started on the right rear piece. I finished it but forgot to take a pic.
View attachment WP_20141208_001.jpg
View attachment WP_20141208_003.jpg
Then I swept up another pile of "fall-off". lol I need the floor clean for recycling.
View attachment WP_20141209_001.jpg
Then I put up my portable garage in preparation of blasting so I didn't get it all over the shop. I will be blasting tonite after supper!!!:blob:
View attachment WP_20141209_002.jpg
View attachment WP_20141209_005.jpg

Then I put up my portable garage in preparation of blasting so I didn't get it all over the shop.

Now that's a nifty idea! I never thought of putting a portable garage inside a garage before. - Might be a good way to contain buffing dirt too. I never wanted to hang tarps from my ceiling because it's nicely finished.

Now that's a nifty idea! I never thought of putting a portable garage inside a garage before. - Might be a good way to contain buffing dirt too. I never wanted to hang tarps from my ceiling because it's nicely finished.

I be smarter than the average bear....:D

Did some blasting. What a nasty job, I hate it. But, it needs to be done. Dusty and dirty.
Did quite a bit. Need to do more. Not doing the whole thing completely, just the areas with surface rust, etc. Maybe tomorrow nite I will finish blasting. One more blast pot full of sand should do it. The pics are cloudy cuz of all the dust in the air. I was using a respirator. It was black when I was done.
View attachment WP_20141209_006.jpg

View attachment WP_20141209_007.jpg

View attachment WP_20141209_008.jpg

View attachment WP_20141209_009.jpg

View attachment WP_20141209_010.jpg
Getting closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:prayer:

Did some blasting. What a nasty job, I hate it. But, it needs to be done. Dusty and dirty.
Did quite a bit. Need to do more. Maybe tomorrow nite. One more blast pot full of sand should do it. The pics are cloudy cuz of all the dust in the air. I was using a respirator. It was black when I was done.
View attachment 1714774588

View attachment 1714774589

View attachment 1714774590

View attachment 1714774591

View attachment 1714774592
Getting closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:prayer:

It's looking real good! Very nice work. Fast too!

Did quite a bit. Need to do more. Maybe tomorrow nite. One more blast pot full of sand should do it. The pics are cloudy cuz of all the dust in the air. I was using a respirator. It was black when I was done.

Stupid question . . . what do you do with the sand that ends up on the floor to dispose of it? L8r

Did some more blasting tonite. Could have probably done more but I don't like the mess in my shop, or the dust.
Didn't take any pics, just wanted to get the hell outta there. lol Will take some pics of some of the areas tomorrow. Mainly wanted to get rid of the rusty stuff in the trunk area so I could proceed with putting the trunk compartment back together.

Making great progress. Watching you gets me moving on mine. My old brittle bones won't move very fast but making progress. Like the build got me thinking about shaving drip rail like you did. Waiting to get good look at your roof when in primer. :toothy1:

Got most of the steering column back together this morning. What a pita that was. Did not want to go back together correctly. Will take some pics later. Put some rust mort on some of the backside of the dash frame. Few spots had surface rust.
Will get back out there in the morning and takes some pics. :glasses7:

I'm enjoying all your posts SNKEBIT. However, now I'm not getting much work done on my 67. L.O.L! Hopefully I'll get all the jams and stuff painted up next week. THen I can put it back together to paint it completely.
I really am thankful that I saw your mods AFTER I already finalized mine. Otherwise I'd be cutting the heck out of it again to add in your mod ideas. I really like your ideas and fab work. You are doing an amazing job!

-
Back