1967 Dart Bucket Seat Question

-

'64 Dart

Reaction score
Good Morning All
Recently acquired a '67 Dart GT with bucket seats. It appears that somewhere along the line someone re-engineered the seat mounts.
It now utilizes small blocks of wood under the tracks. What i don't see is the adjustable plates that allowed you to tweak each set for tilt.
I remember these from a '65 Barracuda that I owned many moons ago.
Anyway, is there suppose to be something that attaches to the floor and allows for individual seat adjustment? My '67 shop manual hasn't arrived yet but I do see them in other manuals.
Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time
'64 Dart

Good Morning
I do not have the seats out (yet). With the seats installed there really isn't something to take a picture of.
'64 Dart

Our 67 cuda buckets only slide back and forth. As well as lean fwd to get in the back seat. Your car may have originally been a bench car and they swapped buckets in. Buckets need reinforcing plates I believe.

My 65, 66 and 67 seat tracks and plates that mount to the tracks and the floor all have provisions for manually setting the tilt then securing the hardware tightly to preclude any unwanted movement

EDIT - I’ve found out that the last year fir the manually adjustable seat tracks was 66

Last edited:
I don't recall any tilt adjustment in the bucket seat base on a 67 Barracuda or a 67 Dart (I've had both — my current Barracuda has a bench). I do know that dealers would install wood spacers under the tracks at the customer's request — I had a set of those in a 1967 Barracuda convertible.

Mine either. Long studs with nuts, I "tend" (even at 5-11) to add a bit, I like to "sit high"

-
Back