1967 dart gt slant six value

-

Diesel1276

Reaction score
Good Day fellow Mopar Lovers! I was not sure where to get my question answered so I placed it here. I am a retired police officer and my father is going to be 76 this year but is still in the garage doing body work and engines, etc. we are thinking of getting a car for my 15 yo to involve my father and I with my son to work on. We are looking at 67-69 Dart. What would be a fair price range for a 1967 Dart or GT with slant six auto, minimal surface rust and no major body damage? We have two options where I live. Sorry no photos yet.

I know its dependent on the car, but think a rust free car that hasn't been driven in a while, maybe needs gone through (brakes, rear, trans, engine) without body work just the mechanicals. I was thinking no more than 2500.00?

Thank You!

pictures, pictures, pictures.

a complete rust free car could easily be 5K or more, but "ohio rust free" is not "so cal rust free" and some people's definitions of rust free, been sitting and needs gone thru can vary wildly to say the least.

if this is your first go around with a-bodies, link up with somebody who has indepth knowledge about the problem spots on these cars. some times things that look good can have a ton of hidden problems that people who don't have a ton of knowledge about would totally miss.

or do a whole bunch of research before buying.

No rust is priority #1.

67 is a bit of a one off year for many parts.

68 / 69 more repo parts.

The engine and trans combo are almost immaterial.

A driver I would expect to pay 5,000 to 10,000.

Less than a driver 3 to 5,000.

A complete car 10,000 to 20,000 as long as all the parts are there and usable.

Yes, I agree don't buy a midwest rust bucket. I learned that the hard way. All 3 of my cars are from "Sunny California".
The last one I had shipped to WIS in 2016. It cost me $750.00, its the 66 in my avatar.
Junkyardhero is right.
Get underneath anything you are thinking of and look it over real good. Remember these cars are UNIBODY construction, and a lot different to do body work on, and some can be quite difficult to do.

Dave

I saw a 68 here recently for sale. auto, 225, minimal rust (as far as can be seen in the pictures), runs drives and stops, no major body damage, old faded paint. It was priced at $7,000, but Washington feels expensive.

If you can get a car that you described like that for 2500 you best do it.

Don't blame you for wanting a 67/69 Dart. One of the best looking A bodies ever. That said, with the rust free requirement and budget, 73/76 slant 6 2 door Dart/Scamp's would be more available in your range. Good luck. It may take some time to find the right one, but it will sure be fun when you find it. :)

-
Back