1967 Dart Steering Wheel

-

sparksfly121

67 Dart GT Conv
Reaction score
I'm thinking of replacing the steering wheel on my '67 Dart GT, and I haven't been able to find a reman. or oem in brown. My car is originally TT1 Copper interior and I'm not sure if the steering wheel is 'woodgrain' or just simply 'old brown and cracked'. :burnout:
It's not in bad shape, if I knew how to repair it, but that's not my skill set.

Any suggestions? I can post steering wheel pic soon.
-Carson

a 70-71 A body woodgrain rimblow.I have the same issue brown interior so needs to be a brown wheel.

I'm thinking of replacing the steering wheel on my '67 Dart GT, and I haven't been able to find a reman. or oem in brown. My car is originally TT1 Copper interior and I'm not sure if the steering wheel is 'woodgrain' or just simply 'old brown and cracked'. :burnout:
It's not in bad shape, if I knew how to repair it, but that's not my skill set.

Any suggestions? I can post steering wheel pic soon.
-Carson

Buy a new wheel in black, take it to your local paint shop and have them paint it the color you want and clearcoat it.

I was curious about how the original was manufactured. I'm concerned about a painted wheel having the paint flake off over time. A manufactured wheel wouldn't do that. Thoughts?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Rattle can will wear off over time. You need automotive paint w/hardner and several clear coats. I redid mine in black.

Post a pic of your wheel.

Attachments

• DSCN2957.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 195
Pics of the steering wheel.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 151
  • photo_002.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 163
  • photo_003.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 172
Repairing those cracks is only a matter of time and materials.
Plenty of "how to" articles on the web and products made especially for this.
Good winter time project for next winter.

-
Back