1967 Dart Value help please

-

Diesel1276

Reaction score
Good Day All, I am looking at a 1967 Dodge Dart Gt slant six non running with left front damage. Needs hood, fender, bumper, grille. Front seats need new foam and all seats need reupholstered. Carpet and headliner need replaced due to age and storage. Needs new tires, brakes, usual. Motor not starting. Body is decent otherwise with just surface rust on underside. I was wanting to do this project with my dad and my son together. To me its a simple grandma car that im just wanting to make correct for my son to drive. White car, tan interior, no A/C, buckets, console auto, standard corporate rear, no power steering or brakes. Thanks guys! Sorry I dont have photos right now.

Post photos as soon as you can. Really tough to give a price with them given your description.

I paid $2k for a similar car way back in 2001, but it was only a 270, not a GT. That's about what I'd pay for the car you are looking at.

Heres some photos.

IMG_4037.jpeg

IMG_4042.png

IMG_4041.png

IMG_4038.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4039.jpeg

IMG_4045.png

IMG_4044.png

IMG_4043.png

It's amazing how many sellers put ZERO effort into cleaning up their stuff before listing it for sale. Imagine how much nicer it would look after an afternoon with a soapy bucket.

I don't have an opinion on value, but I am curious to see how much it sells for.

From what I see I would start at $1000. No more than $2000 unless you just must have it. But, saying that, it's worth that as a parts car. You will be into it for $15,000 or more to get it back on the road and do the things you listed. Add another $10,000 for paint and body work.
(I speak in general terms)

With all that I see wrong, which is a ton of sweat equity I say 800 to 1000 but no more than 1200. But then again I'm old and it would take me months to get it moving safely under it's own power.

I'm guessing most of you have not bought a project or parts car in a few years.

The interior as is, is worth almost 1K in todays prices.

One of the first things I saw was the drives seat is NOT the correct seat. A good core seat with tracks is a bit salty because of how scarce they are becoming. And with the amount of time it's been sitting, every piece of rubber (bushings and hoses) will need to be replaced. From there, the other weak spots will begin to show up (fuel leaks, hard brake in leaks, etc). With today's prices for replacement parts, you are going to have at least $500.00 tied up in those parts and pieces and not to mention replacing the fuel tank. I'm not trying to discourage the OP, I'm being realistic. To me, the partial interior is no where near worth a grand unless you are doing a concours restoration. And yes YY1, i have bought and sold many project cars and completely finished cars over the last 60 plus years I've been in the Mopar world.

My point was about the last few years and prices during that timeframe.

5 years ago I paid $650 for parts cars.
The most I paid was $1200 for a 72 Charger, and that got me a complete bucket seat interior, a rallye dash with clock, hideaway headlights, a 3.23 sure grip in an 8 3/4, 2 good doors, and a lot of smalls.

Good luck trying that today.

One of the first things I saw was the drives seat is NOT the correct seat. A good core seat with tracks is a bit salty because of how scarce they are becoming. i have bought and sold many project cars and completely finished cars over the last 60 plus years I've been in the Mopar world.
the seat *appears* to be stock, just with some kind of pad on the bottom and a bunch of covers on the top part?

as to the price of project cars, the money on those has gone through the roof in the last few years. what we considered spendy for drivers people are not only asking, but getting that kind of coin on rollers and projects.

-
Back