1967 Dart Wing Window Delete

-

drttrkcwby

Reaction score
I want to get rid of the wing windows on my '67. I have a couple questions on how to go about this.

Do I need to buy just the later model weatherstrip for non wing window doors?

Do I have to change the whole entire door OR just the window and regulator?

What other modifications will I need to make to make this work?

Thank you for your help!!!

I want to get rid of the wing windows on my '67. I have a couple questions on how to go about this.

Do I need to buy just the later model weatherstrip for non wing window doors?

Do I have to change the whole entire door OR just the window and regulator?

What other modifications will I need to make to make this work?

Thank you for your help!!!

I believe you're going to have to change the whole door. The window , and associated track mechanism and winder, is completely different for wing vs. non-wing window'd doors.

I want to do this to be different from other '67 Darts, and we are doing a budget build and my wing window chrome is absoulte junk so I would need to have it re-chromed. I priced out windows and different roof seals and found it to be cheaper to go that way.

So if i were to replace allt he track mechanism, window, regulator, and roof seal, I would still have to replace the whole entire door or could I get away with it?

I want to do this to be different from other '67 Darts, and we are doing a budget build and my wing window chrome is absoulte junk so I would need to have it re-chromed. I priced out windows and different roof seals and found it to be cheaper to go that way.

So if i were to replace allt he track mechanism, window, regulator, and roof seal, I would still have to replace the whole entire door or could I get away with it?

I'm not positive you can change out everything and get it to work. There may be different mounting points and such in the '67 doors. I've never done the actual swap, but have heard of peeps doing it in the past, and they just replaced the whole door. I think it was way simpler that way.

I have a set of 73 dart swinger doors with the windows ... im in nc

Okay. Ill check for a whole door. So if I just replace the whole door and the door seal weatherstrip I should be good to go correct?
The reason Im trying to keep the '67 door is because I dont want the plastic trim piece on the upper part on the inside of the door. I want to paint that top piece. I havent had apart a later model door so maybe it will look the same as my '67 door?
I am in Canby, Oregon. NC is a little far lol!!

I've thought about doing the same with my vert project. I noticed the door handles, window winders, pretty much everything in different locations so I dont know how much work would be involved or what I would do for interior door panels.

You'll need to replace the whole door also the channel that holds the weatherstripping or your window without the wing vent will not sit flush!

-
Back