1967 Dodge Dart 273 question factory single exhaust/

-

nsantos1

Reaction score
Hello everyone I’m trying to decide if I put back single exhaust or dual for my 1967 273 . I’m restoring the car and I’m not sure if I will gain more performance
I know the looks is much better with dual exhaust. I call few companies for dual exhaust and it seems tight for 67 to do. Any trick or suggestion
Thank you

IMG_8122.jpeg

I like tie performance single exhaust. It's simple, fits well, and sounds and works good. I have heard that it performs as well as the dual set up.

Normally small cube V8s respond better to a good performance single exhaust. The 273 Commando engines had a sound like no other.

My 67 Commando sounds better with duals. The factory exhaust sounded like a truck to me.

Was the factory exhaust the HiPo version with the Large 2.5 in headpipe, straight through muffler, larger 2.25 over-the-axle pipe and straight through resonator. Anything else won’t sound the same.

Was the factory exhaust the HiPo version with the Large 2.5 in headpipe, straight through muffler, larger 2.25 over-the-axle pipe and straight through resonator. Anything else won’t sound the same.
When I bought my 66 someone had replaced the HP exhaust with the 2 barrel pipes. Yes, it did sound like a pick up. LMAO 2" intermediate pipe and 1 7/8" tail pipe. THat's about Slant 6 size.

It was, I wasn’t impressed but in its defense it was 50 years old. Sounds like a muscle car with the duals, no crossover.

-
Back