1967 Dodge Dart Gt clips

-

nsantos1

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Working on a 1967 Dodge Dart GT I have this Rocker Panel moldings clips
I believe I’m missing something to attach to the body holes.
Does anyone knows?
Thanks in advance!

IMG_5071.jpeg

IMG_5070.jpeg

I thought there was a rubber seal that goes in the body hole before the two prongs but the 67 dart I just took apart had nothing like that. And there was no indication the rocker moldings were ever off.

The way these work is you put them against the body and squeeze the two fingers together, the fingers in the hole spread apart and " lock" to the body.

Screenshot_20240111-205953.png

In my experience once they have been removed they do not lock in well the second time.

I plan on either adding a screw like the type that attaches the wheel well trim to each clip or using panel adhesive or 3m double stick emblem tape to make a more positive attachment.

BTW 63 Ford Galaxy clips are almost the same and are reproduced only difference is each has a small tab on the top and bottom of each clip

Last edited:
Thank you for the information
I will try to make it work

I thought there was a rubber seal that goes in the body hole before the two prongs but the 67 dart I just took apart had nothing like that. And there was no indication the rocker moldings were ever off.

The way these work is you put them against the body and squeeze the two fingers together, the fingers in the hole spread apart and " lock" to the body.

View attachment 1716190971

In my experience once they have been removed they do not lock in well the second time.

I plan on either adding a screw like the type that attaches the wheel well trim to each clip or using panel adhesive or 3m double stick emblem tape to make a more positive attachment.

BTW 63 Ford Galaxy clips are almost the same and are reproduced only difference is each has a small tab on the top and bottom of each clip
Hello Dana
I’m getting closer to put my rocker panel trim molding back to the car
Your article with the 63 ford clips works and how people attached it to the car
Using acres or glue I don’t have the grommets or rubber that goes inside
Any help will be appreciated
Thank you

Using acres or glue I don’t have the grommets or rubber that goes inside
I recently picked up an unmolested 67 dart GT.

The rockets do not appear to have ever been off.

I thought from looking at some photos that there was some sort of rubber grommet in the hole before the fingers went in but none of the trim clips had anything like that.

When I go to reinstall my rocket clips I will probably add a screw to each one. The wheel opening screws have a very low profile head and look like they would work well.

On a side note... 7 years ago I reinstalled the drivers side rocker just using the clips spread into the holes and (knock on wood) the trim is still with the car. I was even shy a couple clips.

I recently picked up an unmolested 67 dart GT.

The rockets do not appear to have ever been off.

I thought from looking at some photos that there was some sort of rubber grommet in the hole before the fingers went in but none of the trim clips had anything like that.

When I go to reinstall my rocket clips I will probably add a screw to each one. The wheel opening screws have a very low profile head and look like they would work well.

On a side note... 7 years ago I reinstalled the drivers side rocker just using the clips spread into the holes and (knock on wood) the trim is still with the car. I was even shy a couple clips.
Thanksfor the response!

I forgot to mention either way I would use some type of sealer in / over the hole once the clips are on. no need to allow water to enter the rocker if you can help it.

Ironically I just removed mine today! Im planning on painting. It appears that it has some kind of round rubber or weatherstrip caulk. I think only there to seal the holes. I imagine if you carefully spread the tabs and add 3m before reinstalling it might do the trick. I need a replacement passenger side rocker molding.

IMG_4611.jpeg

IMG_4612.jpeg

IMG_4614.jpeg

IMG_4613.jpeg

That is so weird.

I saw a clip in a photo that looked to have a manufactured seal on it, then the dart I took apart, nothing, not even any type of sealer.

Now your photo!

I'm so confused!

That is so weird.

I saw a clip in a photo that looked to have a manufactured seal on it, then the dart I took apart, nothing, not even any type of sealer.

Now your photo!

I'm so confused!
Thats Chrysler! Ill bet maybe yours had it but in a lighter amount and deteriorated. My car is one owner. The older gentleman hit the the left front fender so he parked it in garage in 2012 but he always kept it in garage and he had maintenance receipts in car as well as IBM card and I found a build sheet. So maybe mine were protected? Also depnds on the plant. My dads 69 swinger had a factory turquoise 340 hi po when it says they should be orange and another person has a factory red 340, a 68 color. But thats what make Mopar so cool and different.

One of my darts my dad bought new.
The other was last registered in 1976 and sat in a field since.

Both are Hamtramic cars.

One is a Feb 67 build
The other is Nov 66 build

-
Back