1967 fastback interior questions

-

clementine

Flight risk
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello FABO!

Im attacking the windows/headliner on the fastback and need to know if there is an interior trim piece that covers the headliner to top of windshield. Also, where does one source the grommet things that go in the holes of the rear quarter glass.

Thanks FABO!!

No window/headliner trim on the Fastback.

I used a piece of fuel line and a piece of foam and made my own.
2021-08-07_013.jpg

Alan

The bolts are special as well. I was missing one and used a standard bolt with a fender washer, seamed to work.

2021-08-07_010.jpg

Alan

Headliner/front windshield= no trim piece here, a "flap" from the windshield covers this. However on headliner side windows there is a metal trim piece that is held in place by one screw and three clips. For "grommet things" I would need a picture to help.

Here is pics of our 67 FB. I dont see anything there other than the large rubber flap(part of ws gasket) like mentioned above. White blanket on roof is hanging out over the windshield.
Something you might consider is using velcro on the rear side panels instead of those metal clips.

20220603_231033.jpg

20220603_231020.jpg

20220603_231627.jpg

20220601_105844.jpg

20220528_070211.jpg

Last edited:
Getting back to this part now, thank you for the response.

When looking back i don't think i properly thanked all that responded. Not my usual MO.

Another question i have to those that have gone before me on fastback headliner install......@4spdragtop, @Murray, @Cuda Al....

Is there a special hole that the dome light wires run through when traveling from the ceiling area down to the sail panel area? or are they run anteriorly to metal along the surface?

(Sorry i didn't take a pic before leaving shop, and the guy with the glue is showing up tomorrow.)

Thank you guys!! Big day!

The Fastback courtesy light is part of the rear body harness, the left light socket is part of the harness, the right side plugs into the rear body harness near the left side light.

Alan

Both sets of wires run down from sockets down to rear of car. Make sure you do all mods/updates(led bulbs, new plastic bulb holders and new harness).
Well worth the effort.

Both sets of wires run down from sockets down to rear of car. Make sure you do all mods/updates(led bulbs, new plastic bulb holders and new harness).
Well worth the effort.
Thank you! I am finding by probing with a wire that (so far) i cannot seem to get into the cavity just above the sail panel, right above and behind the quarter window.

I'll take a pic in the morning and report back.

Have a great weekend!

Come up over the inner wheel well on both sides, from the trunk.
Tie string to new wires and vacuum the string to location in C pillar.
Thank you! I am finding by probing with a wire that (so far) i cannot seem to get into the cavity just above the sail panel, right above and behind the quarter window.

I'll take a pic in the morning and report back.

Have a great weekend!

I like those for the sail panel lights!

I am having trouble with the dome light routing.

Getting through the skeleton/roof bracing area. I can run the dome light wire to the side or towards the rear window, but end up road blocked when trying to feed from the roof skin through to the sail panel (into the bracing) to make the hookup.

i must be missing something simple.

Thank you for the diagrams @Cuda Al

20230603_075216_001.jpg

20230603_075326.jpg

As far as I know there never was a dome light on the fastbacks?

Alan
OOOOOOOOOH! AH HA!!

Very nice. I procured this fine vehicle in boxes and did not have the luxury of taking it apart. There are holes for mounting a light so I made the assumption. Well this makes my life easier.

Thank you!!

-
Back