1967 formula s notchback

-

micha76

Reaction score
Hi I´m Michael and I live in Germany. I´m planing to buy a 1967 barracuda formula s. The car is a notchback an looks great. fender tag and vin seem to be ok. But I´m confused because I have a book which tells that in 1967 the formula s package only was available for the fastback. Can anybody tell me if the book is wrong or something is not correct with the car. The VIN of the car is BH23E723114509. Se also the fender tag

View attachment 1967 barracuda formula s 020.jpg

Thanks micha76

Notchback were available with the formula-S package as well.

I have seen plenty of them around here, and my neighbor owns an original one he's owned since brand new.

I don't know how many were made but they definitely made them.

Also in 1967? Then the book I have is not correct I think. I talked to a
Mopar parts dealer. He told me that he has no information that in 1967
the Formula S package only was available for the fastback.

Thanks for your help.

Notchback were available with the formula-S package as well.

I have seen plenty of them around here, and my neighbor owns an original one he's owned since brand new.

I don't know how many were made but they definitely made them.

Chrysler allowed options to be in any car. I just sold my 67 and it was a Formula S option

Someone probably has Formula S package confused with the 340 S package that wasn't available until 68.
Welcome by the way and show us pics if and when you get it

Welcome to FABO! Nice, well optioned Formula S Coupe.....disc brakes, 3.23 sure grip, tach, buckets, console, decor group. remote mirror, etc.......

Well, first up, welcome aboard.

Secondly, if you didn't say/mention that "You hope your english is good enuff" I would have though by the way you worded your post that you would be down the road from me. YEa, it looks good from here man, no doubt.

I have a Car and Driver Magazine in which was tested a 67 383 Formula S coupe Barracuda. So those notches must have been built. I'll look for that magazine to post here some pics, I remember there were some nice ones.

Ricardo.

-
Back