1967 Polara, good parts car?

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! A man is selling a 1967 Dodge Polara four door with supposably a strong 360 engine with all or almost all edelbrock parts for 800 bucks...it has a 727 with a linkage problem but said he is trying to get it fixed. Exhaust that spits fire? lol I dont now but sound pretty cool lol Anyways...would this be a good donor car for my 67 plymouth valiant? He said he doesnt know what rearend it has...grrr...im going to have to go see it i guess if it seems like a good buy for my valiant.

He said "Up for sale is my 1967 dodge Polara. It has a MEAN 360 with a 727 trans. The drive train came from a 69 charger. It is a PROJECT CAR. most of the work to be done is on the body. I have 2 727 trans for it, one is slipping and the other (the one thats in it) is missing 2nd gear. It is a good trans but the linkage in the trans to shift to 2nd gear came apart. It just needs a e-clip to get 2nd gear working. You can still drive it.....but without 2nd. This trans came from a dirt track race car so its proven its self good working. I dont have the time to fix it now, it was my daily driver untill the linkage came apart. I was going to make it a lowrider/hotrod. I put new exhaust on it that shoots a 4 foot flame on command (switch) Its GREAT.... oh the looks you get when you pass a camaro and shoot 4 foot flames at them! The motor is built with ALL elderbrock parts (even inside). Come see/drive it. (NO SHOOTING FLAMES ON TEST RIDES!!! I'll show you in the drive way)"

pol1.jpg

pol2.jpg

pol3.jpg

pol4.jpg

I’m thinking that has the narrow B rear so it might be ok in your Valiant.
But personally, I wouldn’t try it without someone else or researching the dimensions.
I think it would be too wide.
Plus you will need to move the spring perches.
Check the web for information in axel housing.
The trans is really crapshoot.
So you might just be buying an engine.
You’re a slant?
So you are looking at Shumaker mounts.
Check the price. They were over a hundred bucks last I looked.
I think a V-8 A donor would be a better investment.
Especially if you need front disk?
So you get a v-8 K member.

Oh, and I don't think that 360 was in a 69.

You can always narrow the rear if need be, 800 bucks what a steal you could sell the parts and make a lot more thean that no problem at all!

I’m thinking that has the narrow B rear so it might be ok in your Valiant.
But personally, I wouldn’t try it without someone else or researching the dimensions.
I think it would be too wide.
Plus you will need to move the spring perches.
Check the web for information in axel housing.
The trans is really crapshoot.
So you might just be buying an engine.
You’re a slant?
So you are looking at Shumaker mounts.
Check the price. They were over a hundred bucks last I looked.
I think a V-8 A donor would be a better investment.
Especially if you need front disk?
So you get a v-8 K member.

Oh, and I don't think that 360 was in a 69.

Okay so then its a no go right? Ooouuuuwwweellll :angry7:

Well for the rear end it eather has a 8.25 or 8.75...and yeah theyre wider than a bodies...

http://mymopar.com/axledims.htm

Just thought that for the price maybe it would be a good buy

Reading this guy's ad has more than one possible red flag popping up. The motor might be of interest but I would at least give it a thorough visual inspection, do a compression test and check the fluids. Also, make sure his paperwork is clean, clean, clean. If you end up selling a rolling chassis, you don't want someone pissed off at you because there are back reg fees. This is if they had plans to put it back on the road and not part it or scrap it.

-
Back