1967 Valiant V100 front bench seat

-

soulbrother

Cruiser
Reaction score
I´m restoring a 1967 Valiant V100 2-door sedan. The original front bench seat has been pulled out by some previous owner for separate seats. In later years a bench seat from an unknown A-body has been installed. It´s wrong in color and style for my car and I wish to remake it to original looks. I have purchased original cloth and vinyl materials that match the back seat but I need photos to see what the front seat should look like, how the portions of vinyl and cloth should be proportioned etc. If you have pics to upload or links to sites that are useful for me, please post! Thanks!

Hope this will help.

Attachments

• image-1157105417.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 249
  • image-684066837.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 248
BTW. Welcome to FABO.

I saw a nice and clean slant 6 '67 at Blocket for sale up north in Sweden this summer. If I remember correctly it had some kind of mag-wheels in the picures and the original ones was included in the buy. Did you buy it?

Great posts,the seats are even the correct colors! Thanks!
Plaschy: Yes,that´s the car I´m working on now! See my gallery.

I had a 67 with that same interior & color. I've had around 15 Valiants through the years

Just have to tell a story from the past: When I was a kid,back in 1965 I travelled to Stockholm with my parents and my brother. We spent a week in a small cottage that we rented. On the second floor an American family from Chicago spent a couple of weeks of their summer vacation. The fathers grandparents were Swedes that moved to Chicago to get a better life like many Swedes did when times were bad over here. He had decided to seek his swedish roots and he had even purchased a Volvo Amazon Estate in Sweden that they were travelling around with. They planned to take it home to the U.S. when their vacation was over.
About 10 years later their sons visited us and I asked if the Amazon was still with them. They said that the Amazon was not really what they had expected and now the family had an "American Volvo". I had to ask what they meant by that: It´s a Valiant, they said, the best car ever built!
The old folks have passed away long ago but I still have contact with Don, their elder son and he is very interested in my classic cars and very happy with the purchase of the Valiant!

-
Back