1967 vs 1968 windshield trim

-
2 door coupe such as Barracuda is the same gasket. 2 door post sedan, 4 door and wagon all use a larger gasket and glass.

Thanks for the reply, now I know where to get my windshield gasket. Just have to come up with the money for the gasket and a new headliner.

Dan in Silicon Valley

Wait. So all 1967 Barracuda windshield gaskets are the same?
Is there not any variance between fastbacks and Notchbacks or convertibles?

I am looking at http://yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?input=windshield&SM=1&SC=1.

will this work on a 1967 Dart Hardtop?

On a different note, My 67 Darts Back glass uses standard trim, not the lock strip. Was the old trim replaced at some point in the cars life? or was lockstrip only used on the front windshield?

I know this is the same song on repeat, but I definately want to be sure what I'm getting will work. I'm not a fan of shipping in returns.

Thanks a bunch, John

I am looking at http://yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?input=windshield&SM=1&SC=1.

On a different note, My 67 Darts Back glass uses standard trim, not the lock strip. Was the old trim replaced at some point in the cars life? or was lockstrip only used on the front windshield?

I know this is the same song on repeat, but I definately want to be sure what I'm getting will work. I'm not a fan of shipping in returns.

Thanks a bunch, John

The convertible gasket is different from others. Notch and fastback are the same. If your car is in fact a 67 model and the rear window has stainless reveal moldings, it was changed. If I had stainless on the rear I would be looking to install the same on the front.

Thanks a bunch, John

John,
It's my understanding that cars with a vinyl top got the rear window treatment that is like the 68 on up cars. Does your Dart have a vinyl top or if it doesn't have one now it could have been removed in the past. My 67 Dart has a vinyl top, so the rear window looks like the 68 on up cars.

Dan in Silicon Valley

Thanks a bunch, John

John,

I was told that vehicles that have vinyl tops have the rear window gasket and trim like the 68 up vehicles. Does your Dart have a vinyl top or did it have one in the past? Year One told me that the gasket is the same, I just posted the question here to verify with the experts and to get a second opinion. I don't know why Year One doesn't list the gasket for the Darts. My only guess is that there are more 67 Barracudas than Darts out there. Who knows.

Dan in Silicon Valley

My 67 has a vinyl top and standard stainless rear trim, but crappy lock trim on the front.

John,

I was told that vehicles that have vinyl tops have the rear window gasket and trim like the 68 up vehicles. Does your Dart have a vinyl top or did it have one in the past? Year One told me that the gasket is the same, I just posted the question here to verify with the experts and to get a second opinion. I don't know why Year One doesn't list the gasket for the Darts. My only guess is that there are more 67 Barracudas than Darts out there. Who knows.

Dan in Silicon Valley

Dan, My car does not have a final top. or any evidence of ever having one. That is good info though. Speaking of my car, I should go work on it... Maybe tomorrow.

John

-
Back