-
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoss1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1968 340 x heads, motor was professionaly rebuilt before I purchased the car it was in. ran good with 70 lbs oil pressure.Stock rebuild milage unknown, It has ben sitting 8 years needs refresh. complete minus intake, 950.00 pick up only,located in pittsburgh pa.

Attachments

• 340.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 349
  • 340a.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 357
  • 340b.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 318
  • 340c.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 316
What are the sequence #s stamped on the pad? This could have been in an early 69 car

are those studs holding the heads down or std head bolts???????
Head studs ,I bought a 1970 dodge challenger from long island new york and the seller said the motor was professionaly built by a machine shop. I did not get the details because he did not have the motor rebuilt himself. It was in the car for 1 year before I put my big motor in. It was quiet and had good oil pressure.

Attachments

• 340d.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 301
Does the motor still turn over?
Do you know the bore size?
Why was it taken out?
Thanks

Two years ago I couldn't find a local 340 to save my soul!!!! Too far into a 318 build to buy one now!!! Timing is everything!!! I,m in West Newton, PA - about 25 miles SE of the Burgh!!!!!

Does the motor still turn over?
Do you know the bore size?
Why was it taken out?
Thanks
The motor turns over, no I do not know the bore size, It was taken out because I had a very big 340 motor built for the car.I drove the car while the other motor was being built.I used to have 4 340 motors.

Two years ago I couldn't find a local 340 to save my soul!!!! Too far into a 318 build to buy one now!!! Timing is everything!!! I,m in West Newton, PA - about 25 miles SE of the Burgh!!!!!
I collected 340 motors for a while, I also have a big 422 motor r-3 block brand new that I am going to sell soon.

Would you be want to pull one head and measure the bore?
Also pics of the pistons a plus.
I am only 1.5 hrs away and interested.

I would love to have this motor but the price is a little steep for me right now. I'm sure it will be gone by the time I get get funds together. Good luck with the sale.

#s on data plate pretty hard to read. Can you tell if the # before the B is an 8 or 9? By the LS it is originaly out of a GTS.

#s on data plate pretty hard to read. Can you tell if the # before the B is an 8 or 9? By the LS it is originaly out of a GTS.
Its look like a 8 but it really hard to read. Tomorrow I will spray black paint on the numbers and sand the excess off and try to take another picture. I will send you a pm.

I though only starting in 1969 did LA motors get vin stamps on the lower pan rail.

In 1968 they were on the back near the top of the bellhousing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back