Status
Not open for further replies.

Haney

www.carsonandironmt.com
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am posting this ad for my Father, if you want to talk with him about the car or need additional information, please call him at one of the numbers below.

Thanks,

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible. This car was an original 318, 904 auto, 8 ¼ rear powertrain car. It is a factory Red, black interior, black top car as it is now. The car has been given a very nice driver quality restoration and has all the Formula S badging. If you are looking for an all numbers matching, rotisserie restored, trailer car; this is not it. If you are looking for a VERY nice 1968 Barracuda Convertible to drive and enjoy, please read on…….

Body: This car was purchased in 2000 in southern Alabama from and elderly couple. The car still had the original drivetrain and was a running driving car. My dad drove the car back to Tennessee from Alabama and began the restoration. The car was finished to what you see here in the fall of 2003. The body on the car had very little rust before painting. The only rust was on the inner lip of one of the front fenders and a couple pin holes in the trunk. This was repaired and the car was painted the original RED. Dad has been in the paint and body business since 1968 and he did all the paint work. The car was painted in base coat clear and has been sanded and buffed. The car is very, very straight. There are a couple very minor chips (very small) that is typical of a car that is driven. This is not a daily driver but is driven to car shows and cruise nights. As stated, this car has not been on a rotisserie. The under carriage is black paint and undercoating.

Trim: All of the original trim is on the car and in good condition. The "pot metal" on the car (tail light trim, hood inserts, etc) is showing some age but is very presentable. The grill is complete and in great shape.

Interior: The interior has new carpet, front seat covers (back seat cover is original), and new black convertible top. The door panels are original as is the dash pad. Both are in good shape. The plastic dash bezel which is chrome plated from the factory is showing some age. The convertible top "boot", that is placed on the car when the top is down, has one small tear. The power convertible top works without any problems.

Tires and Wheels: The wheels are factory small bolt pattern Rallyes with acorn style centers and new white letter tires.

Drivetrain: The original 318 was removed and replaced with a 1972 340 that has been completely rebuilt. The engine was bored .030 over and KB Hypereutectic flat top pistons were used on factory 340 rods. The rods were reconditioned and the factory cast crank rotating assembly was balanced. The final static compression ratio is around 10.25:1. This car runs fine on 93 octane pump gas. The heads are 1971 360 "J" heads that has 2.02 / 1.60 Stainless valves. They have not been ported but have had a very good street/strip valve job. The Cam is a hydraulic COMP CAMS XE268 with matching valve springs, pushrods and lifters with adjustable roller rocker arms. The intake manifold is an Edelbrock RPM with an Edelbrock 750 vacuum secondary carb.

For ignition, the car has an electronic ignition kit (distributor, coil, wires, ECU, voltage regulator) from FBO systems. The distributor has been curved for the car and works very well.

The original 904 was rebuilt with HD clutches and a B&M shift kit. The torque converter is a MP 166K converter hooked to the motor with a B&M flex plate. All of this runs thru an 8 ¾ rear end with a 741 case 355 sure grip. The kick down linkage is cable operated with a kit from Bouchillon performance.

Exhaust is handled by a set of Dynotech ceramic coated 1 5/8 headers and a set of turbo mufflers. The exhaust pipes are 2.5" aluminized custom duels.

This is not a race car but is a very strong running 340 with excellent street manners.

Other: The car has power drum brakes front and rear and power steering. This car also has factory rallye gauges.

I have tried to describe the car as accurately as possible. If you have additional questions, my father will be glad to answer or provide additional pictures as needed. He would prefer questions by phone (rather than email) at the following numbers:

Price is $25K Reasonable Offers will also be considered.

423-474-2376 (Days), 423-474-2071 (Evenings), or cell # 423-957-1677 (anytime)

The car is located in Elizabethton, TN

The car is sold AS-IS with NO warranty either express or implied. As I have said, I have tried to describe the car as good as possible but in the end, it is your responsibility as the buyer to understand what you are buying and the condition of the vehicle.

http://haney2.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.swf?xmlfile=http://haney2.myphotoalbum.com/albumFeedShare.php?set_albumName=album07

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back