1968 Barracuda fastback- Barris appearance kit

-
The $523.70 “George Barris” bolt-on kit consists of five parts, none of which are functional, and include :
* Side pipes.
* wheels.
* Fake hood scoops.
* Side scoops by rear windows.
* Fiberglass deck lid with spoiler.
Too bad the wheels aren't functional. They look pretty good, though.

A local guy here in my car club just sold his. At least I think it sold, I can’t find his ad anymore.

You can kinda see it in this pic

FB_IMG_1648605148603.jpg

Last edited:
That rear panel altho similar to 69, is unique with "savage", as well as the lock hole/cylinder looks frenched?
Just was in contact with Brad who runs the Savage FB stuff. He tells me that the embossed Barracuda was flattened and a fiberglass panel was then riveted over the panel.

Thanks George, makes "sense". Be interesting to see the 2 pieces separated, just for curiosities sake.
Just was in contact with Brad who runs the Savage FB stuff. He tells me that the embossed Barracuda was flattened and a fiberglass panel was then riveted over the panel.

Hard to believe it’s been almost two years since I brought this car home and started researching it. Boy does time really fly when you’re having fun… or just working I guess. Couldn’t find the right wheels or side pipes sadly.

E2066B67-A0B8-4253-AFD8-99E5803B1F98.jpeg

56296327-D7D6-446A-AD8C-D5131085A19D.jpeg

301CB197-5E53-4742-BB66-02CC14577348.jpeg

Hard to believe it’s been almost two years since I brought this car home and started researching it. Boy does time really fly when you’re having fun… or just working I guess. Couldn’t find the right wheels or side pipes sadly.

View attachment 1716211714

View attachment 1716211715

View attachment 1716211716

Awesome !!

Did you find original side and hood scoops for it ?

Are we going to see this at the upcoming Spring Fling. If so, I'll mention it to Rob Wolf from MCG magazine.

Awesome !!

Did you find original side and hood scoops for it ?

Are we going to see this at the upcoming Spring Fling. If so, I'll mention it to Rob Wolf from MCG magazine.

I found pieces of what appeared to be originals. And restored them to the best I could. The deck lid I had restored by the guy who restored the last original bat mobile.
I hope to make it to spring fling with it. I have a few weeks of work left on it, got a little froggy with the build and did an engine and trans swap so it’s taking a bit to get everything just right.

I found pieces of what appeared to be originals. And restored them to the best I could. The deck lid I had restored by the guy who restored the last original bat mobile.
I hope to make it to spring fling with it. I have a few weeks of work left on it, got a little froggy with the build and did an engine and trans swap so it’s taking a bit to get everything just right.

Please keep in touch: [email protected]

This is a car with strong local roots since Barris' old shop is just miles from Spring Fling.

-
Back