-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzz

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey all, I've got a '68 fastback Barracuda that I just can't give the attention it needs. It (black) is relatively complete, clean title in my name, with high back bucket seats (not sure where from but they seem to match well if not original), full interior panels and metal (currently taken out of the car), rear bench, both bumpers and brackets, etc. Factory 318 with the 904 automatic and 7.25 rear end. Originally burgundy with a white interior. Only thing seemingly missing is a carburetor and fuel tank as it was rusted out. Along with it comes a parts car (no title) which is pretty much just a rolling body, manual steering box, and steering wheel. In need of a full restoration.

The good:
All glass is intact and no clouding, all stainless trim and windshield trim removed and accounted for.
Few extra parts such as two spare hoods in varying conditions, sets of both 67 and 68 hood inserts, a decent deck lid, new valance, new header panel, and a new dual exhaust rear panel.
Full set of 14" rallye wheels in great condition with nice tires on them.

The bad:
Driver side floor pan will need a small patch near the gas pedal, passenger floor pan is cut out and will need a patch panel welded in. Trunk pan will need replacement along with patching of deck lid track, rear window channel, and lower quarters.

I'm selling it as I'm just a mechanically inclined college student and unfortunately I can't fit the tools to perform the rear rust repair on my own and can't afford to pay a body shop to do the repairs either. Asking $4500 but honestly just shoot me an offer you feel is fair and we'll go from there. Very open to trades on pretty much any 1962-1976 mopar with a straight body, I have experience in mechanical things but not body work!

Located in Oviedo, Florida 32765.

20180221_201216.jpg

20180628_181149.jpg

20180628_181208.jpg

20180628_181214.jpg

20180628_181239.jpg

20180628_181246.jpg

20180628_181306.jpg

20180628_181328.jpg

BarracudaTrunk.jpg

Resized_20170923_152425.jpg

I might need to come look at that.

How's your weekend?

Those are Volare/Aspen buckets, but they sure do mach that rear seat well.

Those are Volare/Aspen buckets, but they sure do mach that rear seat well.
Awesome! I've wondered where they originally came from. I'm headed out of town Friday 7/6 until the 15th or so. Any time after then I should be good to have you take a look at things, either that or tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday if any of those sound good for you. :)

Still for sale and I'm about to move so I'd rather just get it sold. 3500 or best offer takes it.

Still have these cars or what happened to them?
I still have them! Within the next month the parts car will be cut apart so I just have the additional parts I need from it. I figure unless someone bites I'll just keep working on restoring them. :)

I still have them! Within the next month the parts car will be cut apart so I just have the additional parts I need from it. I figure unless someone bites I'll just keep working on restoring them. :)

Don't cut that fast back parts car up whatever you do. These are getting harder and harder to find. Someone will make a drag car out of it. Sell it cheap if you have to stripped out but don't cut it up. I just saved 2 of them that are in way worse condition than that parts car. Mine were rolled and both rusted out completely but saved them. I would buy it but I am in PA. Cant drive that far to Florida

Don't cut that fast back parts car up whatever you do. These are getting harder and harder to find. Someone will make a drag car out of it. Sell it cheap if you have to stripped out but don't cut it up. I just saved 2 of them that are in way worse condition than that parts car. Mine were rolled and both rusted out completely but saved them. I would buy it but I am in PA. Cant drive that far to Florida
Unfortunately it was bought for the purpose of taking the panels. It'd cost a lot more to me to get all the panels I need from AMD and I'm just a college student with a part time job to fund my restoration. :(

Last edited:
Unfortunately it was bought for the purpose of taking the panels. It'd cost a lot more to me to get all the panels I need from AMD and I'm just a college student with a part time job to fund my restoration. :(
Okay, so after your done cutting the panels out that you need don't crush the body. Sell it cheap as someone will buy the AMD panels and replace what you took. Like I said these bodies are getting rare. You don't want to crush it. Gets to bad you cant move it let me know after your done cutting.

Okay, so after your done cutting the panels out that you need don't crush the body. Sell it cheap as someone will buy the AMD panels and replace what you took. Like I said these bodies are getting rare. You don't want to crush it. Gets to bad you cant move it let me know after your done cutting.
Ah gotcha! Actually the guy I got it from wants the body after I take the panels so all good there! I promise it won't go to waste. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back