Status
Not open for further replies.

oldjunebug340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
hello all,
i have a 1968 plymouth barracuda formula "s", and i need the metal dash assy. that unbolt's from the cowl. whoever had the car before me hacked up the dash around the radio. (1968 only with finger roll type radio & 3 piece type dash.) thanks you guys, please let me know if anyone has one!
thanks oldjunebug

You may be better off trying to fix your dash. Being that your car as stated is a Formula S and the VIN tag (which will show if it is a 340 or 383 car) is part of a 68 dash you will need to swap vins.

On a normal car... /6 or 318 V8 it really wouldn't matter but people will question non-correct vin rivets on a Formula S car.

If your dash simply can not be fixed you will need to try to find the correct rivets. I think they are made but I'm not sure who you can get them from...

Others on here may know.

Plasma cutter and TIG, little body filler, primer, and paint, voila VIN plate transfer with the original rivets.

OK lets assume "dash" is hard parts including uncut dash house, door, and drawer only.
Whats it worth ?
The tray hanger is in great condition and the tray has been glass bead blasted. Glovebox door and hindge good, hasp for latch missing.

Theres a way to bootleg those rivets but you didn't hear that from me.

I wonder if you couldn't grind the underside of the rivets off under the dash and then put everything back together again using panel bond adhesive???

I wonder if you couldn't grind the underside of the rivets off under the dash and then put everything back together again using panel bond adhesive???

I bet that would work.

Silly to care about something as small as 2 rivets but you know..... People will check.

would this dash help you?

ROCKET QUEEN AUTO 2 181.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back