1968 Barracuda runs again

-

jaws

I put the fun in dysfunctional
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just got this car running today. Started with a quick out with the old in with the new two years ago. Well you know how that goes. Pulled the /6 out and one thing led to another. Now it has a 360-727 combo, and the only thing on the car that was there when I started, is the paint and the top. I'm going to do those this winter. Still have a few thing to sort out,like the A/C, under hood wiring clean up, and finish the glovebox. I will have to make one, The A/C takes up the room the old one needed and the one I got from Vintage Air don't fit for Sh%t.

cuda motor.jpg

jaws inside.jpg

jaws rf.jpg

jaws rr.jpg

jaws tail.jpg

I can't wait for the day I get to turn the key and have my '68 fire up again. Nice car... love the color.

Sweet - I bet thats quite the boost in power!!
Have fun with it.

why did i buy a dart?! should have bought another '68 Barracuda in good shape instead.

Damn that looks gorgeous

My 2rd car I ever had was a 67 notch painted the same color, with the same white interior. That brings back some memories. Looks great!

This car is gona kick my ***. I was having problems with the trany not wanting to shift. After pulling the valve body three times and checking things out, I put in a new one and now it works like it should. The car is starting to to run a little fat, so I was going to rebild the carb. Its the AVS off of my race car, I need to jet it down also. Then last nite it didn't want to start. The ECM went bad, and as par for the course I could not find my box of them any where:banghead: Need to find them so I can get it to a show on Sunday. Oh ya forgot, I had the car aligned and the ride hight set. When I cam out on Friday to work on it, it looked a little low. The front end has settled and now the stops are resting on the lower cotrol arms. Seems to have droped about an inch. Any body have this happen with new T bars, they are the .920s and have less than 10 miles on them?

Not too many rag tops around anymore ......... very nice

Very nice 68 rag top jaws.
Glad you are enjoying this great site.
Out standing color and combo.:cheers:

"I had the car aligned and the ride hight set. When I cam out on Friday to work on it, it looked a little low. The front end has settled and now the stops are resting on the lower cotrol arms. Seems to have droped about an inch. Any body have this happen with new T bars..?"

Yes. I did the ball joints recently on my '62 Valiant V-200 V8 conversion. I set the ride height according to the book, but a week or two later one side was low and had to be re-adjusted.

-
Back