1968 Cuda gas tank vs Fuel cell

-

cuda guy

Reaction score
Hi all
We have a 1968 cuda fastback the was a drag car with a fuel cell, I was wonder ir we should remove the fuel cell and replace it with a proper gas tank for street use.
Or
Does anyone drive on the streets with a fuel cell
And
Where I can I order a complete gas tank system including filler next

Thank for viewing and helping out

Classic industries for your tank and parts..or Rockauto. For your filler neck member Barracudakid will have that

There are pros/cons to fuel cells on the street but for the most part should be fine. If you decide to go back to an OEM tank but think you might still run the car, you can always buy an OEM with a sump installed.

Before you spend money or decide to go back to a stock tank, you'll want to take measurements to ensure a stock tank will still fit. For example, I relocated my Dana 60 further back to be able to run a taller rear tire. With that and the aftermarket differential cover, there is no way I could get a stock tank to fit.

Before you spend money or decide to go back to a stock tank, you'll want to take measurements to ensure a stock tank will still fit. For example, I relocated my Dana 60 further back to be able to run a taller rear tire. With that and the aftermarket differential cover, there is no way I could get a stock tank to fit.
I have run fuel cells in a couple of cars, and reworked an early s 10 tank for a full blown racecar back in the day. I`d just as soon run a cell as a tank, if, ur not planning on carrying a spare tire. I have rear cage struts in my currant hotrod, and no room for a spare, wish I`d gone w/ a cell now. You can find a tank on ebay if u look hard enough, the filler tube will be a toss up.

another option.. HOt Rod City garage makes factory style and fitting aluminum fuel cells.

10685553_10204960777048563_439296892838861523_n.jpg

efia1.jpg

-
Back