1968 Dart 270

-

scrag

Reaction score
We found a garage stored 1968 Dodge Dart 270 with 225 and column shift owned literally by a little old lady who is looking to sell - interior is good solid metal overall light bubbling of the paint on the rear quarter - looks more surface than anything major. Car runs - title/plates in storage.

What in your opinion is this worth?

We are considering the car but if we don't get it we want to advise her correctly as to it's value.

We may at least help her get it so that it is running and help her sell it if nothing else...

$1500 low average to $3000 high average maybe higher in great/perfect condition.

68 is the best year Dart in my opinion still regret selling mine.

I was nay saying my son who swore up and down the car is in really good shape. I caved and went and looked.
Why can't this be a GTS.....
Car is not perfect - there is some damage on the inner fender well left rear side - needs replaced - exterior someone has worked to repair it. Some very small paint bubbles - very small. Engine compartment is a bit dirty - car still has original hood pad in good shape - not hanging down or torn, Battery is shot, starter has been replaced, has original air cleaner 225 slant six car, interior wise carpets are showing their age - seats are fine no cracks or rips, Drivers arm rest is worn a bit probably cracked and has been taped, dash is in very good condition - has the thumbwheel AM radio.
Three speed auto - odometer says 14097.7 miles - I can't prove it but it maybe actual milage. Rear leafsprings are showing there age.
Car is white with blue interior, some of the paint is onion skinning due to age but is in great shape - has a noce shine to it. Trunk full of spare parts - dodge hubcap - new and spare looks fine - jack looks shiney and clean.
She is currently at 2000.00 and told us she is no hurry so if we agree to take the care she will give my son a few months to get the money up to pay for it.
How do I say no to that????

it sounds pretty good....thats what i paid for my 70 dart..it was a slant 6 car, garaged, no rust at all...minor little dings...but all there and sweet car...im also the second owner, which is nice....so i say it is a good deal..and that its a 68 even makes it better, as i like the 68-69 dart better than the 70....go for it...

Can you supply any pics? By the sounds of your discription there maybe some potential for someone. You dont mention the location. That will give us a clue as to the type of weather in the area and may give an indication of whether or not it has been exposed to salt and any other elements. The milage is really low and would make it more appealing to a real looker. $2000 is not a bad price as described. Hats off to ya not wantng to hose the old gal for your gain. Not many times do we find those that dont have the almighty dollar as their sole objective. Keep this in mind. For a Hemi clone, this is the car one will need and they aint makin em any more. I've got two. Location please.
Small Block

Car is located in Honolulu Hawaii and has been garage kept but has been exposed to some elements. There is a lot of concern about the "Salt Air" but truthfully growing up in West Palm Florida and cruising the Beachs I saw a lot more issues with salt than ever here. True if you drive up North Shore in Winter when the Big Swells are hitting you can see the salt in the air but in most parts of the Island it is not as bad as some think - in my opinion - plus the humidty here is lower than most of the East Coast.

Pictures - I hear ya - it was sprinkling last night and I will need to bring a battery to see if she starts - oil and transmission fluid looked fine - no burnt smell to it.

A Body wise the cars I like the most are 71-73 Demons, 68-69 Darts, 70-71 Dusters and would like to get hold of a Super Coupe......

At $2000, it sounds like a no brainer! Buy it and don't look back. If it turns out to be rusty, cut the roof off and have a convertible.

Here I go again, she told us all she needed was to say we wanted it and she would hold it long enough for my son to pay for it - so we committed to buy it.

I take it that any A Body V8 Kframe will work?

What makes this weirder is that my son found a GTS hood last week for free - needs some work but it is definitely fixable.

2k?! How could you not turn it down and it sounds like you want it already. Grab her up. Drive her like you stole her. Except without the whole crashing and oil changes. LOL.
Plus 68 Dart 270's are badass cars. That thing'll turn heads like the snap of a whip!

2k?! How could you not turn it down and it sounds like you want it already. Grab her up. Drive her like you stole her. Except without the whole crashing and oil changes. LOL.
Plus 68 Dart 270's are badass cars. That thing'll turn heads like the snap of a whip!

Fate plays weird games my friend! Man, I cant wait to see it posted up in member restorations. :cheers:

Now, wheres those pics?:bootysha:

-
Back