1968 Dart grille info needed. Which is correct?

-

fratzog lover

Reaction score
GT vs GTS grilles, are the parking lens hoops painted black or just the recess?
Is this correct for GT?
gt.jpg

Is this correct for GTS?
gts.jpg

I have to repair mine and also found this on Classic industries. Is it correct?1968 Mopar Parts | 2786047 | 1968 Dodge Dart Center Grill | Classic Industries

This is an original 68 GT with 23,000 miles on it, sorry, best pic I have of it right now, didn't know there was a difference in grilles, I know the tail pans are different though from GTS to GT

IMG_4374.JPG

Dart pix 1(1).jpg
heres a pic of my parents 68 gts,,taken in 68,,so its as original as u can get,,,looks unpainted around the front grille lights

Indeed. I did a search for images on google. There is a difference as all the raised ribs are unpainted on the GTS. Or in the photos I looked at, anyway.

Ok, I think I'm doing it right.

How are you planning on doing it? The previous owner of mine painted it by hand. It looks okay, but it's starting to need attention. I thought about having it stripped next winter and then hand painting mine on the kitchen table.

Just cleaned it up, mild liquid abrasive, wheel, degreaser. Small hammer, homemade "anvil. Then alot of body shop tape, X-acto knife and Krylon satin. I used it on my tailights and GT emblems. I think its a Close match. So far 1 coat up top.

gh.jpg

gp.jpg

gr.jpg

Last edited:
It will be finished this weekend and hopefully on the car. Cost less than 9 bucks including the Harbor freight polishing wheel, Krylon black satin, tooth paste, sos pad and 12 feet of tape. Oh, and about 10 hours of my life. But considering $600 for a repop, and 4 figures for NOS, It'll do!

Last edited:
I must not be the smartest guy around. As I glance on the end table at this months copy of Mopar Muscle and see the 68 GTS on the cover...where is my dunce cap?

bnj.jpg

I'm glad I dont do this for a living, it's tedious work. Especially the parking radius. Hope the new owner likes it.

caa.jpg

cab.jpg

cac.jpg

-
Back