1968 Dart GTS bling...

-

MICHAEL A SCUDDER

Newb
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I still keep in touch with Eugene Reeves after buying his '68 GTS in 2021. It's still in the body shop (big surprise). Today we hung out a little bit and he gave me what,in my opinion, is the coolest thing about the car.Well other than the center grill insert.
He bought it out of California and had it shipped to NC in 92. He saved the tag and the surround from the dealership it sold from.
I thought it was cool as hell.

IMG_20231110_160910559.jpg

I have the same from my 67 Dart Convert.

The original 67 tag was under 2 or 3 other tags and I picked them off with my finger nail (felt like bamboo under your finger nails)

Before 70 something all tags were due on Jan 1 of each year (or something like that) so there was no month sticker.

Each year the new tag went on the opposite side.

Odd years on the left even on the right.

Since yours is a 68 the 68 tag MIGHT be under the 92.

Under the month there should be a 69 tag maybe even a 71. Since the month sticker never changed the likelihood of the 69 tag being there and in good shape is high

Happy picking

PXL_20220320_211458601.jpg

You are looking for a white under the month sticker to get to the 69 sticker.

You are looking for a pink to be the 68 under the 92.

It was my experience that the older tags covered by newer ones all those years protected it and being the first it was well affixed to the plate.

Screenshot_20231110-160600.png

Screenshot_20231110-160757.png

I'll check later it after reading your last post, it explains why there is a raised/embossed "63" in one of the corners

I just don't want to mess up any of the older early stickers if I go picking around
I was feeling the same way, especially that my dad put the 67 sticker on the plate.

I was surprised how easily the newer ones picked off the older ones. Just don't use sharp tools.

Last edited:
-
Back