1968 dart Pro street/ half pro touring build

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi , first off, here is the Link to the orig. thread.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=236191

I have decided that I am going a whole different route with the car than I planned, NO more switching plans :violent1: haha,

I will be adding pics to catch you guys up to date, My plan is to get this done in 2 years , coming quick, Thanks , hope you guys enjoy it,:cheers:

More pics, might not be in order but you get the idea :happy1:

Attachments

• coles pics 2012.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,100
  • coles pics 2011.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 2,140
  • coles pics 1879.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,108
  • coles pics 1684.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 2,111
  • coles pics 2160.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2,112
  • coles pics 2154.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2,128
  • coles pics 2159.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2,084
  • coles pics 2175.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2,103
The front suspension is undecided,

CHOICE 1. Stay with stock K frame, tubular upper and lowers, coil overs, new steering box and all linkages , ALL Powdercoated with Areospace disc.

CHOICE 2. Somehow A miracle happens and I save up enough money with buying these parts (Keep in mind , I am 13 and working on a budget of buying and fixing cars, parting out cars and selling parts) A HDK Kit

The Rear suspension is-------

CALVERT SPLIT MONO LEAFS :-D
View attachment split mono leaf.jpg

CALVERT CALTRAC BARS
View attachment caltracs.gif

The rear end is Going to be a Fully braced and beefed up with a drain plug, 8 3/4 rear.

Powdercoated black and If I can find one a 3:55 geared Aluminum Center section and Areospace disc

Okay, here's problem number one, I was originally going to put a full quarter on the passenger side but just a few patches on the drivers,

WELL>..... I have to replace the trunk floor already, I already bought a brand new trunk floor but I have decided not to use it as we are going to fab our own mini tubs and trunk floor to house a 15 gallon Polished aluminum Fuel cell. so.. im going to get rid of the trunk floor.

I have new quarter and trunk extensions we are going to put on the car. I also have the passenger quarter already, but the other day when we took my dart out of the garage I looked at it and Im going to buy a drivers quarter to. ok so that's fine, here comes the dilemma .

The doors and fenders have holes in them from the past "trim"., Im going to keep the steel fenders and doors, I don't know what im going to do, we could weld them all up or I could buy door skins and fenders,........ ?? but anyway, this cars body is going to look spotless when im done with it, I have always wanted to paint it RED, like a Very bright Viper Red.

The problem with Viper red I that It does not have any metallic in it, I want a Bright red paint with lots of metallic, I love my dads paint on his cuda but its like a dark red , when you look in the sun it looks gold, that's what I want but not with something that dark,..,. my other dilemma is if I;m going to get it very very straight, why not paint it black, but that messes upmy whole plan, sorry for my jabbering, any suggestions or questions are welcome, Now you guys are up to date :glasses7:

Cool build man. What you gonna do for a power plant cuz I missed that part???

not sure yet, I am looking at a 340 built short block for a single s480 turbo or if that does not go through it will just be a 540 inch 440 stroker engine :D

by the way, I love the way your dart looks

Only 13 and your handling your buisness as a mopar guy. Damn proud of ya there. I was waaayy to into sports n females to even remember a hot rod car at that age. Hell my dad dragraced when I was that age to boot. But man them boobies and bootys had my full attention for years...oh hell still to this day.

Remember one very good motto, if it has tits or tires its gonna cause ya problems. Tires is cheaper in the long run. Lol

Freek speaks the truths!

Props to you for going head on with this project at 13! I was far to into my motocross and girls (see a pattern forming here!) to even worry about cars.

I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure, check out my build for some ideas on the turbo small block deal.. Mine was pretty much complete before changing direction.

Keep it up!

The car was supposed to get media blasted today but the media blaster is not getting back to me and I still need to finish stripping it and the undercoating

:cheers:, Today was a good day,

I got the whole dash ripped apart and bagged and tagged, (jeesh, people don't know how many parts are really on a car until they start stripping). I will be making a panel we can weld flush where the cluster went for all the gauges, The wiper,headlights, and other switches (water pump, fuel pump Ignition and a push button start will be added on the panel., I am going to weld up the ash tray and lighter for a cleaner look. I also got the rest of the car stripped that needed to be other than the quarter windows and brake pedal assembly.

That's all I could have Time to do, by the time I get home and take the dog out ect, it is 4:00 and my dad gets home at 6:00 and when he get home he "claims" me as his and we work on the drag cars

does anybody Know how to remove the igniton module for the key with the plastic bezel, Its giving me a hard time, :violent1::banghead:

The plastic bezel just unscrews from the ignition switch.

Attachments

• 14631-05065711-1048163.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,751
Subscribed. This car is going to be awesome, love that tire you stuck in there. I'm looking at the 540 stroker setup for my truck. Keep it coming! :cheers:

-
Back