-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Boryscka

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is my (Dad’s) 1968 Dodge Dart Gts. Numbers matching motor and trans. I have decoded the vin and is as follows: L-Dart, S-Special Price Class, 23-2 door hardtop with rear windows roll down, P-340 cid 275 hp 4 bbl, 8-1968, B-Hamtramck MI, Build#278470. I also decoded the fender tag as follows: B-4 bucket seats (564), m-6 drivers side outside remote mirror (536), R-1 radio am music master, X-2 tinted windshield only (522), Y-4 green vinyl top (304), 2-5 drip rail moldings, 3-0 body belt molding (540), 7-8 wheel lip moldings (548), A-4 3.23 gear (404), X-8 sure grip rear end (408), T-S sport, R-6 vinyl bucket seats, M-F green, L- dart, S- special price class, 23- 2 door hardtop (rear windows roll down), 52- 340 cid 4 bbl HP, 3- 4 speed manual (floor shift), 38- E70x14 redlines steel belted, 205- February 5th, sales order # 153810. Only things that don’t match original tags is vinyl roof is black, and tires/wheels are not original. Options are as follows: upgraded to Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 fuel injection, Tanks Inc fuel tank with pump in-tank (also including carbureted fuel tank extra), twin exhaust custom with turbo 2 mufflers, bell housing looks like Lakewood, new z bar and all links/hardware, Hooker competition headers (has some dents and dings because they hang lower),MSD blaster 2 coil and ST wires, chrome valve covers, newer comp cam with lifters and dual coil valve springs, dual roller timing chain, new battery tray(amd), aftermarket coolant recovery tank, torque Flo electric fan, hurst competition shifter with original inland shifter handle, newer shift rods with bushings and hardware. Instrument panel upgraded with led lighting. Now for some history on the car. This thing has been thru some stuff in it’s day. Car sat after some carb/tuning issues. So someone came by and stole all 4 wheels leaving it on concrete blocks. Then helped themselves to the intake and carb( Edelbrock intake with Holley 750 double pumper). So after some insurance and saving decided to restore it. First guy to start restoration took it apart, then promptly killed himself (gambling debts). So it was received back in boxes. Then went thru a driver restoration. Full body work and paint back in the 90’s. Cragars with dunlops from Suburban tire on North Ave. He even had someone cut holes in the rear package tray for 6x9 Rockford Fosgate speakers. And kick panels cut for 6” pioneer speakers. Dash was cut for single din pioneer cd player. (None of this was my fault, I Swear). All bushings and ball joints and tie rods and shocks were replaced. I have since traded the cragars for rally wheels with new cooper cobras. Now for the bad but honest parts. Trans needs new seals(leaks), rear diff needs new gasket but axle seals seem good still, power steering reservoir seems to be leaking but could need a full seal kit or replace. Alternator should be replaced with higher output due to fuel injection and electric fan (ran out of money), thinking solid motor mounts might help with distributor being so close to wiper motor, body has dents and dings and scratches from sitting in a garage for years and used as a “hold this for me” catchall. One rim is bent (pothole) but all tires hold air perfectly, front shock is leaking. You really won’t be disappointed when you see it. Cleans up nice. I will even include the canopy and magazines/accessories I use when going to car shows. Also a car cover. I am looking to get around $22,500 obo. Please no lowballers or flippers. I am not wasting anybody’s time, so please respect my time. I will answer any questions I can. Located in Streamwood, IL 60107.

IMG_5394.jpeg

IMG_3870.jpeg

IMG_5474.jpeg

IMG_5485.jpeg

IMG_5483.jpeg

IMG_5481.jpeg

IMG_5479.jpeg

IMG_5480.jpeg

IMG_5478.jpeg

Shows belt driven fan in pictures but description says electric fan? Old pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back