1968 Valiant Grille

-

slantflat

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm buying a 68 Valiant that has what I think to be 1967 front body parts. It has the grille and the see-through divider that the 67's have.

There isn't any indication that the car was wrecked, everything looks original. It's a pretty early build, the VIN being 101xxx, and it's a Valiant 200. My previous experience with Valiants has been with 100's.

Did the early cars and/or the specific 200 get that particular front end look, or did this car get a facelift somewhere along the way? The guy selling it said his brother bought it used and has no clue. Thanks everyone.

Mike

Hi everyone.

I'm buying a 68 Valiant that has what I think to be 1967 front body parts. It has the grille and the see-through divider that the 67's have.

There isn't any indication that the car was wrecked, everything looks original. It's a pretty early build, the VIN being 101xxx, and it's a Valiant 200. My previous experience with Valiants has been with 100's.

Did the early cars and/or the specific 200 get that particular front end look, or did this car get a facelift somewhere along the way? The guy selling it said his brother bought it used and has no clue. Thanks everyone.

Mike

Hm, not sure how I missed the General Discussion FOR CARS but somehow I did. Mod's if you want to move this over there please do, otherwise I guess it will just be misplaced, and hopefully someone will see it and post the answer. Thanks.

Sounds like it got repaired/replaced at some time. Grill treatments for those were years were the same through the model line, i.e. 100, 200, and Signet wore the same grill for that specific year.
Does it have any front marker lights? 67s had none.

Pauly it does. It had a poor repaint many years ago and it all matches, the bad paint and what's underneath. No crinkles in the bodywork underneath. The core support is original and good. It looks like someone liked the 67 look better.

I'm picking it up tomorrow and I'll be able to go over it better. I know where there's a parts car so I can get the correct pieces. I don't mind the grilles but the see through middle piece looks weird to me. Nothing against anyone who does like it :)

-
Back