1969 225 auto Valiant Fuel Tank and Sending Unit

-

1969_Valiant

Reaction score
Hello all. I need to replace my fuel tank and sending unit. There are two types of tanks. One has evaporative emissions and one does not. I'd guess that it uses the one without???? There are also many different sizes of sending units. I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm the correct parts so I can get it back up and running. Thanks for your help.

Can't help much but hard to get an accurate reading fuel sender these days. Are you sure you need it?

Yes, my gauge doesn't work. Since I'm replacing the tank, I'd probably change it out anyway.

I solved the fuel tank question. One was for carb and the other for EFI, so that was easy. I just need the correct inlet and outlet dimensions of the factory OEM fuel sending unit. If no one knows them offhand, can someone possibly provide me with a part number? Thanks again for any help with this.

Don't condemn the sending unit until your absolutely sure it's faulty. You're changing out the tank so remove and test the sending unit. I haven't had good results with re-pops. Try and find a used original if needed.

-
Back