1969 340 Barracuda Convertible Engine Detailing

-

69CudaFan

Reaction score
So.....
I was looking at my engine bay towards the end of Cali cruise season (and the rest of the car to be honest), and I started getting the itch to kick up the appearance of my engine bay and make it more cosmetically correct. Its not bad, but it is also not perfect. Not that Cali cruise season ends, I just want to take my car to the next level...perhaps before Fall Fling. The color of the car is incorrect, but I can live with it since it has survived since 1996.

The reason that I am asking is because I want to leverage the power of FABO members to help detail my engine bay to the next level (correct hoses, battery, stampings, decals, etc.) Think Paul Jacobs, Roger Gibson, Julius Steuer, John Balow type of stuff...

Being a longtime troll and limited contributing member, there is a short list of people that I have figured can help in this regard

va58
BB-Dave
340SFastback
1969cudaman
1968FormulaS340
davescuda
ABCuda
crackedback

I am trying correct those minor inconsistencies that only the most anal retentive members would notice. I toyed around the idea of making a 69 Barracuda 340 Convertible thread to document the details....who else can think of people or vendors that can help? I have a small list of vendors that I will post if they are good, even if they are not paying vendors (not sure of the rules on that Joey or Adam).

I have some high level photos for comparison, but wanted to cut my teeth on something that is not TOO far gone for the next car that comes my way. Thoughts?

Here is a beginning pic:
vbpgimage.php

(i.e. Exhaust manifolds need to be painted in Cast Blast High Heat., heater hoses are wrong, battery caps should be yellow based on build date, radiator cap should be a Stant model, etc)

Anyone I have left out who I should consult with or can follow this post?

Cool, I made the list but you are overrating me when it comes to the very minor and specific details found in a pure stock engine compartment.

My goal (with my car) is a maintained look. Meaning, something that looks like it has been driven but well cared for without significant modification. Like the little old lady that has had her car forever and had the work done by the same shop for 40 years.

Sure the belts and hoses and other minor things may be wrong but that's just the normal part of a car's aging process.

Someone that I have noticed that has a good eye for specifics is autoxcuda.

Here is a place you can poke around: http://www.mmcdetroit.com/ICCA/References/Engine_Compartment/#pop01

mmc detroit is a good place to start. As is Ulf's 65 dart charger thread. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=102646&highlight=dart+charger

I would say ad more pictures. The one does show a fair amount though. Looks like you know of a few things. The manifold color sticks out like a sore thumb. they need to be beaded/blasted of paint and left unpainted. the factory would have had some paint on them (engine color from assembly) it would burn off. So I guess it depends on how far you want to go with this.

-
Back