[Found!] 1969 A body 340 exhaust manifolds

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, those are 318, not the 340 manifolds. But on a street car I don't think there will be that much of a performance difference.

I'll be putting mine up for sale this Winter that are ceramic coated and come with the heat shield. They are the 72/73 years. 3614368/3418623.

I have seen them in the $500 range at swap meets and when I pick em up to look at they have been welded up or have issues like cracks. Not saying that they're no good but I put em down and keep looking. I bought a single one last year, dude wanted $300. I think we settled at $250 . So they're out there but not cheap. Moparty show and swap meet is coming up in two weeks and I'll be interested to see what the prices are .
Not sure if they are still being made, but an aftermarket set goes for around $500.00 new. I hear they work well but don't have the markings. Originals are pricy for "show cars", as noted.

What you have there is a pair of 318 exhaust manifolds...
You are correct, probably from 70'. The head port will leak at the lower side of the manifold. I forget the correction for this, but it is a gasket change. Dry fit it before installing. Don't use the 318 manifolds or you will kill the motor on performance. Not sure what you are building but if you don't want to spend the big bucks on the correct manifolds, then why not go with a good set of headers for about the same price and gain a little HP while at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back