1969 Barracuda 340 and 383 Registry

-

69CudaFan

Reaction score
Good afternoon all! I have been working for a while to try and get a 340 and 383 registry off of the ground as a compliment to the 440 registry that BB-Dave has. Most of what I have thusfar has been information that I have gathered over some time, and I think I am at a point where I should be able to manage this fairly easily, and now have caught up on quite a bit of data entry and database creation.

My vision for this is a privately held registry to document, with some accuracy, the number of these cars that remain. I might open it up to other years as well, depending on how this trial basis goes. Further down the road, I want to try and get a working website off of the ground with information about these cars as a means of sharing them with a wider audience.

All I ask is a legible photo of the fender tag for inclusion into the database. It is not associated with a person, but rather with the car itself. I am also hoping to generate a letter that explains and breaks down particulars on each vehicle as something that I can provide to the owner. Participation is absolutely voluntary, but encouraged if you have a 340, A53, A56 or A57 car! I would also open this up for any individuals that have information about these cars and options to email me as well, as it will help with the eventual website.

This is something that will obviously evolve over time, and I welcome any ideas and input as well.

The email for any questions or information related to the registry is [email protected]. I also updated my signature as well.

Good afternoon all! I have been working for a while to try and get a 340 and 383 registry off of the ground as a compliment to the 440 registry that BB-Dave has. Most of what I have thusfar has been information that I have gathered over some time, and I think I am at a point where I should be able to manage this fairly easily, and now have caught up on quite a bit of data entry and database creation.

My vision for this is a privately held registry to document, with some accuracy, the number of these cars that remain. I might open it up to other years as well, depending on how this trial basis goes. Further down the road, I want to try and get a working website off of the ground with information about these cars as a means of sharing them with a wider audience.

All I ask is a legible photo of the fender tag for inclusion into the database. It is not associated with a person, but rather with the car itself. I am also hoping to generate a letter that explains and breaks down particulars on each vehicle as something that I can provide to the owner. Participation is absolutely voluntary, but encouraged if you have a 340, A53, A56 or A57 car! I would also open this up for any individuals that have information about these cars and options to email me as well, as it will help with the eventual website.

This is something that will obviously evolve over time, and I welcome any ideas and input as well.

The email for any questions or information related to the registry is [email protected]. I also updated my signature as well.

I would love to be part of this but I have no fender tag & build sheet. I bought the car from my uncle who bought it new. The left inner fender was so rusty & the tag is gone. The car was sitting outside in the same spot for about 37 years. I could not find any build sheet either. All I have is the vin # & part of the vin on the rad support & trunk lip area. I can send pics of it but it was in very rough shape.

Suscribed..

Will check it out Shane.

I still have some more data entry to catch up on, and I will update this thread accordingly. As I said, I think that more eyes out there for 340 and 383 cars (at shows, on eBay, etc) will ensure the most up to date and accurate data. I am only one guy, and can only see so much.

If there is a dash vin, I can work with that, as it identifies the cars as BHXXP9B or BHXXH9B. I will put a note in the database that the fender tag and buildsheet is missing.

Again, I am soliciting for ideas of what direction to take this. I am a rank amatuer with website design, but I looking at Wix or some other free site hositing until I can figure out how to move forward.

Shane

In 1969, there were 340 Barracudas produced without the A53 or A56 codes on the tag. As far as I can tell, these were identical to the S other than the tail panel and grill. They even have the 340 S emblem on the front fender. Are you looking for these in your registry as well? I think Govier missed these as well because there don't seem to be any production numbers for them ... I have a 340 fastback ...

I am doing one on the 67 big block Barracuda's. but am considering adding all 67's. I have about 50 known 383 cars already from various sources and people.

In 1969, there were 340 Barracudas produced without the A53 or A56 codes on the tag. As far as I can tell, these were identical to the S other than the tail panel and grill. They even have the 340 S emblem on the front fender. Are you looking for these in your registry as well? I think Govier missed these as well because there don't seem to be any production numbers for them ... I have a 340 fastback ...

You are correct, you could order the 340 without the 'S' or 'cuda package. They would have the 340-S emblem on the fender if the car was not ordered with the wide callout stripe. If you want to send a pic of the fender tag, I can check the registry and if it is not in there I can include it.

Shane

we kicked a 69 a-56 car in the nuts a few months ago. no fender tag or build sheet. So we murdered it. I'll get you the vin number from it.

I am helping a friend locate a 1969 Barracuda fastback, 340 4 speed Formula S that he bought new. It was bought new at Bob Banning in Hyattsville Md. The car is B5 blue with a white interior. It was in western Maryland until the late 80's or early 90's. The original owner is Greg Snyder. Greg sold it to Gary Warnick. Gary sold the car to someone in Ohio. The car does not have the original 340 in it. Greg blew it up a few years after he bought the car. Greg would like to find the car and buy it back. I am trying to get a VIN and pictures from Gary if he has them. Greg's were lost in a divorce.

Don

Dragging old stuff up. The registry did not happen or was lost. RIP.

Me too for all three years!

The 69 Barracuda Registry is not dead. I have added a couple of cars here and there, but not many. When they turn up, I try and gather what I can. Not many volunteering info at the moment.

The 69 Barracuda Registry is not dead. I have added a couple of cars here and there, but not many. When they turn up, I try and gather what I can. Not many volunteering info at the moment.

I am glad to hear that. Is there any data to share?

upload_2019-11-19_0-45-18.png
Picture of my tag. Doing paint and body work on it now. Owned it since 85

-
Back