1969 barracuda body stripes

-

jim ayers

fastback fish guy
Reaction score
About 2 months ago I applied a set of red 3M factory style body stripes to my barracuda. The drivers door was not fully latching at that time, but I foolishly applied the stripes anyway making sure they aligned horizontally. So last night I adjusted the door where it closes properly, and you guessed it, the stripe at the rear edge of the door no longer aligns with the stripe on the quarter panel.

I would love to be able to just remove the one quarter panel stripe (actually a short stripe as it stops at the gas cap) and apply a new one. Is there anyone out there that would sell a portion of a stripe kit? The full kit is about $160. if I remember correctly, and that would be very painful for me and my wallet.

thanks

Graphic Express has them for $135 - kit.

Give them a call - 352-341-0077 - maybe they have pieces.

Where did you buy your stripe kit? I would contact http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/ I'm pretty sure they will sell you just the piece of stripe you need....I know for a fact that they sold my friend the 'cuda package stripes for ONLY the fenders, not the whole kit. I think they make the stripes or kits as needed.
How far off is the stripe? Factory cars were not always perfect! I have a 21k mile survivor MODTOP with the factory black sport stripe and it is off between the passenger door and quarter panel! .........Good luck, let us know how it works out.

thanks for the suggestiions. My stripe kit was purchased through Classic Industries so I suspect that someone else manufactures them. The stripe is off almost 1/4". I will contact the vendors suggested and post the results later.

Just for ha, ha's i took pics of my original stripe. I'll try to post on Tuesday.

-
Back