1969 Barracuda Fastback 340 Formula S

-
Really coming together nicely. That is going to be a beautiful fish once you're done.

Grant

I am putting a 340 in a 65 dart and am looking for a part # for the lower rad hose. Same pump as you have, did you get a new hose for your's. Jason

Nice car. I think I wouldda chose a different color too.

I am putting a 340 in a 65 dart and am looking for a part # for the lower rad hose. Same pump as you have, did you get a new hose for your's. Jason

I just got one from O-O-O...O'reilly's. O'reilly's auto parts. Its looks decent enough. After I did a quick mock-up to make sure it fit, it was deemed acceptable! haha.

I found some old pics from a few years ago! These were from when we brought her home from the body shop. oh the sweet memories...
Actually, the body shop really screwed us over. I know that is not a new story, but it still stings. Why must shops be so difficult?!!!

Attachments

• zcuda3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 372
  • zcuda4.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 390
Man, what a great day that was! Soon, the car will be road worthy.
I
CAN
NOT
WAIT
UNTIL
THEN
I have learned so much about mopes on this project, it has been a priceless experience. The Lynch boys have had a good time bonding and enjoying each others company, too. Thanks Plymouth! I wish you were still around:sad10:

Attachments

• zcuda1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 416
  • zcuda2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 378
Here is the color the barracuda was when I bought her several years ago. The only, and I mean the only good thing about that yellow was that it hid flaws in the body really well. It was a literal "blast" to drive. She was running a 360/904 out of a 77 Cordoba. She was pretty quick and handled great. It was my first experience with a thermoquad as well. I really liked that TQ. Its a tweakers dream-so many little adjustments can be made. haha! When I swapped in that Dana rear, all had was front brakes (I DO NOT RECCOMEND). It took burnout play to a whole new level. I have been considering putting a line lock on the her to keep that fun aspect.

But, seriously... Look at that yellow.:wack:

Attachments

• zcuda6.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 411
Yellow wouldn't of looked bad, but since you hate it good call on the Blue.

beans,

You trying to make it to Cruisin' Grand before the end of the summer? It seems like the big stuff is done (mechanicals, body+paint), and now 1,000 detail things to go. I also assume you started with a complete car so no chasing down parts. I will be back in the area towards the end of the summer and making my way up there with the 'vert. Too bad I will not be back in town for Mopar night towards the end of July. I would love to be there. Keep us updated on your awesome car.

Also, blue was the right choice.

Nice looking fish you have there good luck with the build.

-
Back